Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

oil leak around drainage plug and tank

Old 10-06-2005, 03:45 PM
aj2xz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil leak around drainage plug and tank

Hi All,

1990 Honda Civic EX here..noticed an oil leak all over the driver's side transaxle..so took in for repair last week, and they had to replace the air conditioning radiator fan..saying it had stopped working and it put too much pressure on the valve and caused the oil leak....seemed to be fine..or better..only a few drips..a few days after that..

So I go and get an oil change a few days later, just in case it's the filter loose, and now, a few days after THAT...there is oil leaking out of the drainage plug and still oil coating the lil plastic piece...beside the driver's tire and right beside the oil drainage area .. but not on the transaxle anymore...

The oil level is fine..but this worries me...anyone have any idea how long this can go..it's coated the oil tank halfway..did they just not tighten the oil drainage plug enough? Do I have a bad seal somewhere? How long can I go to get this fixed? A week...a month? sigh... The other thing that is funny about this is..since they replaced the fan ...the air vent on the driver's window..sometimes blows out hot air with the burned oil smell with the ac on..and when I put the heat on ..it blows out cool air?! Is this related?

Thanks!

aj