Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

oil seperator can plug

Old 10-06-2005, 01:39 AM
robert f thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil seperator can plug

I have a new oil vapor can that I will install between my PCV valve and the return to the intake manifold. Included in the package is a short tube connection that is blocked on one end and open on the other. Both ends are connected by a short tube and tighteners - about 2.5" long. What do I do with this item?? I don't know. THe air has no-where to go? I know, I have no brain and I can stick this plug......haha!!
There was this good song long ago entitled "Where Did My Legs Go?". My feelings remind me of that song. I should know where this "plug" belongs but when I ask myself "Where does this plug go?" I have no answer!!!!
Thanks for any response that isn't = "YOU JACKIE!!!!". I already know I'm a "jackie", thank you very much.
Old 10-06-2005, 09:17 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

YOU JACKIE!!!!:chuckles:

Leave the PCV system alone unless you are running boost.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:18 PM
robert f thomas

HAAAGGHHH, I've been "Jacki-fyed". HAHA. One thing a "jackie" cannot do is leave things alone. Even if I know nothing I will "mix it up". This obsessive-nuerotic behavior eminates from weeding flower beds every summer day from 0845 to 1130. My friends were allowed to stop by and talk to me while I weeded. My sister Laura had a hand held transistor radio for entertainment. I do not know how my oldest brother Paul did it - he could read his math books and weed at the same time?? He also walked and hitch hiked while reading. He's probrably reading right now!!!! HAHA!!!
Now what about that plug? Maybe I'm supposed to seperate them and use them in 2 different spots?
Old 10-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I want some of whatever you are smoking. :chuckles:

Anyways, looking at the box attached to the back of the block we see two openings at the top. The one toward the drivers side goes to a little nipple above the box that protrudes from the block. The other hole is where the PCV valve goes. Run a hose from the valve to a nipple underneath the manifold.

Sorry if I didn't answer your question, but I tried to. If I didn't, can you be a little more specific.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:33 AM
robert f thomas

The picture of the item is at the top. It shows the 2 tube clamps connecting 2 tube plugs - one open and one closed. It is the 1st item on the left in the top line of doo-dads. I can't imagine where this device is used? OK, thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
OilCatchTank.jpg (120.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 10-07-2005, 09:16 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Oh, I thought you meant the stock one in the back of the block.

I have one of those on my car. The hose leading from the PCV valve goes into one nipple and the other nipple has a hose that goes to the intake manifold.

Do a search on oil catch can to see how others have routed their setups.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:35 AM
robert f thomas

thanks S, I am alright with the setup except this extra plug "thang". Your usage and my thinking are the same. I think this must be a plug if one doesn't intend to return to the IM?? Why would it be 2 sided? Ahhh...forgettabowtit!!!!!! Haha.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:11 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

That plug on the bottom is to empty it when it gets full of oil.