Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

TypeR clutch & fly in LS

Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
thumper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TypeR clutch & fly in LS

I've got a LS teg. I need a new clutch. My uncle/mechanic strongly advised me to use Honda parts and not to use the aftermarket stuff so he will warrinty it all. I'm on a buddget. I want a little better set up. I want to put a Type R clutch and flywheel in my LS. The clutch is only $20 more than a stock LS's and I would have to buy a new Type R Flywheel. I was just wondering if you guys had anything to say about how this would workout in a LS? thanks
Old 10-05-2005, 04:32 PM
thumper

Does anyone have any input on this? thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 01:51 PM
97teg

I have a type r clutch with a act flywheel. It drives nicely. It may not have quite the grab as an act but it was a lot cheaper. When i talked to my mechanic i asked him if the type r was better then the act. He said no but its a lot cheaper. According to him it has about 20% more holding power then the stock one and was only $20 more then stock as you said. The Act clutch would be a lot more. Im not sure why you would need a new flywheel because im pretty sure all the b series flywheels will bolt up. With my flywheel he only asked for a b series and didnt have to specify which motor. I love my prolight though. Makes the car so much fun. Even in traffic i dont mind it too much. Im not sure how much lighter the type r is from stock though. The act is a lot lighter.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:57 AM
thumper

I need the Type-R fly to replace my stock LS fly. it's a difference of lke 5lbs or something close to that. My whole thing is i want it to be warrentied. Also I heard that light flywheels require you to rev higher more. I read about someone who had a R fly and they were able accelerate a lil faster while not having to rev higher at all.
Old 10-14-2005, 03:49 PM
97teg

They wont just resuface the stock one and warrenty it? They wont warrenty their service or the part? It does take a bit more feathering to get going but in reality if i didnt tell people when the drive my car then they probalby wouldnt notice it. Remeber that once the clutch is fully engaged the flywheel is just dead weight that needs to be turned by the engine. So in starting yes you will have to rev a bit higher. Even with the type r I bet you will have to. Maybe not as much but it will still be there. If it is that much of a concern go with the r flywheel and clutch. It should work fine.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:53 PM
thumper

Oh they will warrenty resurfacing the stock fly but I wanted a lil lighter fly that will still be warrentied which they Type R is. Thanks