Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

another ctr/gsr thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:49 PM
2000IntegraLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another ctr/gsr thread

so after much searching, i've come to this conclusion. I have a 2001 gsr sedan, with an intake, itr header, and custom 2.5" exhaust. My next step is to modify the valvetrain. I've decided to go with the ctr cams, and adjustable cam gears (havent decided on the brand yet). My question is, i want to do it right the first time, and replace the springs and retainers with that of type r. On inlinefour.com i saw they have the intake and exhaust springs but only the outer spring. Where can i get the inner spring. Or better yet, is there another place to get the whole set? Thanks guys. And any input on this matter will help. Also, im still not sure where to find the best price for the cams.
Devin
Old 10-04-2005, 09:34 PM
pomansouth

if your gonna spend that much money on ctr cams, you midaswell go ahead and throw a extra 50 bucks in that total and get aft mkt cams, such as skunk2 stage 1, or some type of stage one cam. its really worth it. Another thing about the springs, if your gonna spend that much money on them, throw a few more bucks in and get the real deals. It just seems ignorant not to, find the cheapest total on springs retainers and cams, then check with omnipower, they have a cam and valvetrane deal for 800 bucks.
Old 10-05-2005, 08:18 AM
qtiger

I agree with the above post. You can use Skunk2 stage 1 cams with your existing valvetrain as long as you keep stock redline. The Skunk cams will probably be the same price as a pair of CTR cams, and will likely earn you 5 or so peak HP over the CTRs.