Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

help with IAB(secondary runners) on B18c1 swapped civic!!

Old 10-03-2005, 06:17 AM
Ek9_Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with IAB(secondary runners) on B18c1 swapped civic!!

I have been doing plenty of research since I got my OBD-1 P72 ecu. That was about 2 months ago, and I still can't get my secondaries to work properly. My civic is a 00(obd2b), motor is a 98 B18c1(obd2a), P72(obd1). Motor is OBD2, which needs a positive trigger right? But the OBD-1 ecu supplies the negative trigger for the IAB. I took the IAB plug from a JDM H22, which has a pink wire and a black wire. I ran the pink wire to a constant 12v source(#1 injector), and the black wire to pin A17 on the ecu. When I turn the car on the run position, the butterflies move up, which means it's closed. I rev it up to around 5500rpm, and the butterflies drop. It seems like it is working, but my car is running like crap when I drive it. The low end sucks, and so does the top end. I could really feel the lag in low rpms, and at high rpms I could see white smoke coming out of my exhaust. I was running an OBD-2 P2t(99-00 SI) ecu, and it runs awesome. But the ecu will not idle, so I will have to use the P72.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:40 PM
CHAZegHATCH

well the expotentialfonolog states that u need to trade my your p72 for a chiped p28 ecu and the u neeed to help me fix my map sencor on the civic
Old 10-03-2005, 08:44 PM
Ek9_Civic

hahaha..gee thanks for the help bud. =) Good luck on your hatch tho...