Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

its a sad day for the boosted civic in florida

Old 10-01-2005, 04:24 PM
critter sit-t
Critter SIR-T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its a sad day for the boosted civic in florida

i have a 97 civic wa jdm b16a swapp. about a month ago i put a turbo on and upon start up we found that a =n extreme amount of white smoke was exiting from the exahust and crank case ventelation filter. thinking it was the head gasket so we changed out he head gasket and apr head bolts upon start up today we produced the same results. i tourqued the head to 85lbs in the proper pattern. the head was checked for warpage before installed there was none. im lost on this one the cylender walls looked really good a little bit of scaring but nothing bad. the rings are not showing signs of blow by at all.i have alot of money invested in this car and im about to the point of selling it all. but if any of you have any advice about this i would greatly appreciate it before it comes down to selling my baby. so the civic is still down. its a sad day. thank you all.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:43 PM
critter sit-t
Critter SIR-T

k just ran through a search and found that the smoke is blow by. but could it be toomuch fuel? i have a walbro 255 fuel pump aem fpr 333 inject. stock fuel rail and a 10 to 1 boost dependent fmu. my fuel pressure regulator gauge reads 45 to 60. and the oil smells like fuel i put in a 20 50 weight oil but i runns off my dipstick like water. what would indicate on the cylynders blowby? or would there be any signs on the cylynder walls? and will the smoke go away if i un boost the car? really i just wanna drive my baby again. thank you all for all the help. this has been a huge head ace for me. my car is beutifull and almost perfected to my taste. but i want boost i just think this motor wont handel it. thanks to all.
im about to hit up the spots here for the evening so ill check back later. good day to all.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Can you confirm that the smoke is in fact coolant?

If so, you may need to have some machine work done to the head and/or block. The cylinders may be out of round or the head warped, so you need to get it checked out since that is the only place I can think that the coolant can enter the combustion chamber.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:47 PM
critter sit-t
Critter SIR-T

dont know that its coolent the smoke smells like fuel ut its whiteish blue. i changed the head gasket to a hks turbo gasket. and apr head bolts. im lost here and so is the mechanic at the shop
Old 10-01-2005, 08:48 PM
b16ahybrid

What are the cc of you injectors? 333cc sounds odd. 310cc maybe?

if you have fuel mixing with your oil it could be a sign of cylinder wash (extreem cases) or you may have an injector that's sticking open......that would cause your oil to be thin, smell like fuel and puff out while/black smoke. My buddy's car had that happen once, plumes of smoke were coming out (though he blew his engine) and his oil smelled like fuel,
generally
white smoke is coolant
black is unburned fuel
blue is oil, but there are exceptions to every rule.
His care made white clouds of smoke and it turned out to ne fuel related.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:22 PM
critter sit-t
Critter SIR-T

ok thanks for the advice everyone. im going to swapp in the h23 injectors tomorrow and pull off my 10 to 1 fmu. and change the oil to see if that helps. i dont know the exact flow of the inj. but their stock h23 and i know there above 300. ill let you know how it goes tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:17 PM
critter sit-t
Critter SIR-T

well the motor is officaly toasted!!!! the intake cam is locked up so im selling the turbo kit. thanks for all the help though guys i think im either gonna try a v6 accord motor or a k20 rsx motor.