Notices

Q: 4th gen How do I remove the amber bumper LENSES from the housing?

Old 09-29-2005, 12:36 PM
S4gunn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Q: 4th gen How do I remove the amber bumper LENSES from the housing?

I just bought some clear bumper lenses from eBay b/c one of my bumper lenses is cracked and it would cost more for me to replace just this one lens than replace both of them with clear lenses from eBay.

I know I need to buy amber colored 3497 or 1156 bulbs to replace the clear ones but once I get the new clear bumper lens, how do I detach the amber lenses from the housing?

Q: Do I pry them off, cut them off with a dremel, acetone, or heat them up somehow?

The lenses are pretty old (original ones) so they're stuck on the housing pretty well. I removed the black plastic square that the screw goes into so nothing except maybe glue is keeping the bumper lenses on the housing.

Thanks in advance for any advice you may have.
Regards,
-g
Old 09-30-2005, 10:52 AM
S4gunn

Yeah, well, I jumped the gun a little bit when I wrote this message b/c the new lenses hadn't come in. After taking out my old lenses in preperation for the replacement, I was expecting to receive ONLY clear lenses for my $15 shipped order - not LENSES+Housing.

As it turns out, while the fit was pretty rough, the actual installation was pretty simple since all I did was remove the bulbs from the old housing, attach them to the new housing, and screw the new housing (with the clear lenses) into the car. I was done in 15 minutes.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:17 PM
zidek_accord

i wish my 5th gen clears came like that