Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

90 Accord Driver Door won't open

Old 09-24-2005, 07:54 PM
sushimonster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 Accord Driver Door won't open

I have a '90 Accord Coupe and the driver's door will not open. The rods work fine but it is like the door is locked when I lift up on the handle. I was able to get the top half of the door panel off to look inside and all the rods move fine. I took an extended length screwdriver and if I push against the lock rod all the way into the open position, the door trys to unlatch and then I hear a pop and all the seeable mechanisms go back to the normal position. Can someone atleast give an idea to get the door open so I can replace it.

sushi
Old 09-30-2005, 02:59 PM
sallen251

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to first remove the driver's seat to gain more room to work. Next remove the door panel. This will be a bear because you can't open the door. Next remove the following items from the door: protective plastic, glass and anything that would prevent you from gaining access to the locking mechanism located in the left corner of the door. next you will need a drill, a cold steel chisel and a big hammer. You must break the plastic portion of the locking mechanism for it to release. Once that is done, the door will open and you can replace the locking mechanism by removing the 3 bolts that hold it in. good luck (A-Town)