Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Replacing Integra Glass

Old 09-25-2005, 04:01 PM
truant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing Integra Glass

Guys my 95 Integra was broken into and the *#%$# thieves broke my quarter window and my drivers side window. The worst part is the quarter glass installed is gonna cost $350 and the drivers side $150. Right now I cant afford that but I can get the glass from a yard like 90 miles away for around 85 for both. I think I can handle the drivers side install but with the quarter glass I dont even know where to start. Has any of you guys done this before? How difficult is it? I need help desperatly since this is my main car. I guess one good thing has came outta this, I found an excellent Acura forum.
Old 11-05-2005, 04:38 PM
IntegraGSR12

I have had my integra tore down completly for a custom job. I had to remove and install my quarters to do it. The reason why it cost so much to get it done is because you actually need a window cutter which is about a 200 dollar tool. You simply remove the interior rear panels and put the cutter and angle it inward and cut around inside of window it is actually glued and has 3 clips holding it in. The clips will most likely break. After removed simply buy a tube of windshield urethane for each side and set it back into place with the glue on the back and tape to car for 24 hours minimun and your done. Hint: Make sure you dont go to deep with the cutter or you with scratch the factory tint trim around the window. Hope this helps if you have any more questions ask. Josh
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

dude, don't do it that way. if you can wait a week i'll go back to work and photocopy the instructions for you from the factory service manual
Old 11-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

it IS a pain in the ass tho