Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Help!!! Car Died!!!

Old 09-22-2005, 02:52 PM
APEXi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Car Died!!!

hey guys, so i go outside to pull my car in for the night... turn the key to start it and it wont start.. so i turn the key off and on again and it starts up... i leave it running for around 3 mins while i sort some s**t out in my car... put it into first gear to pull into my drive and it dies! so i turn the key of and on and it still wont start... i did this for around 5 mins tryin to get it to start but no such luck..in the end i push it in my drive way and leave it for awhile while i calm down...about an hour later i go bk out there and pop the hood and have a look, i check all the plugs and vacume lines and there all correct and pluged in nicely....but then i notice there is a kink in 1 of the vacum lines.. the line that goes from the intake pipe to the vlave cover...i fiddle with it for awhile tryin to get it as straigh as possible.. then i try a start my car... the car starts up first time and runs nicely...

im wondering if that vacume line that goes from the intake pipe to the vlave cover becomes kinked or restricting air flow in anyway, could this cause the car to die and not to start???

info about the car.... eg hatch with a b18c motor. motor is praticly stock, jus exhaust and intake thats all

any help would be greatly appreaciated.. i need to get this sorted by saturday, im takeing my car in for a tune up
Old 09-22-2005, 03:29 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

That vacuum line probably regulates the Idle Air Control Valve, or IACV for short.
Replace it or straighten out the kink and see if that fixes the stalling problem.

---
Moved to Hybrid Forum. It's the place for questions like these.
---
:cheers: Lastly, welcome to HAN. Enjoy your stay.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-22-2005, 03:47 PM
APEXi

this is the first time this has happened, i'll change the line out 2moro, i'll keep y'all posted, i got to travel to get my car tuned on saturday, i dont want my car dieing out on me while driveing
Old 09-23-2005, 01:54 AM
APEXi

***UPDATE***

Been out there 2day to look at my car, turned the key to start it and nothing... it wont start, so i turn the key off and on again and try again and it starts rite up.... i continue to turn the engine on and off to see if it wont start again but that dusn't happen, it starts up everytime and everything seems normal. wtf could be the problem??? it only seems to not wanna start the first time i turn the key.