Notices

P0420 Code AGAIN!!!

Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 PM
k4sp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the same exact problem with Vladi17....it sucks..do u guys think this would couse any problem on my motor? i havnt replace my secondary 02 yet but i will this saturday..the problem is i drive 45min away from work which is 50miles....i have 3 more days on replacing it..u guys thick its safe?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:05 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by k4sp3r
i have the same exact problem with Vladi17....it sucks..do u guys think this would couse any problem on my motor? i havnt replace my secondary 02 yet but i will this saturday..the problem is i drive 45min away from work which is 50miles....i have 3 more days on replacing it..u guys thick its safe?
Well I would imagine so since the post converter sensor affects nothing in your engine like tezas said. It's not like it's hooked up to the SRS and your air bags could deploy at any time, haha.

My PO420 code has been on for 30k miles. Relax.
Old 08-24-2006, 04:47 AM
kaoshen

Originally Posted by Vladi17
Okay, this is my least favorite number. This is my third time recieving this code within 9 months. The first time I replaced the o2 sensor before the monifold. I then got the same error three months after and replaced my other oxygen sensor along with the previous one. Therefore I have had two new o2 sensors in my car for the last 3 months. They are the bosch universal ones. I read after installing that those aren't the best to get, but they are the cheapest. Anyway, I am now wondering if my cat is bad and what I should do about these stinkin o2 sensors. Please help me fix this problem so it won't come back again.

Thanks, Andrew
I had the same problem with my 2000 Honda Civic EX automatic. P0420 COULD be bad 02 Sensors OR it could be the Catalytic converter! I replaced my 02 Sensor and light stayed on. So replaced the Catalytic converter and Cleaned out both 02 Sensors and problem solved!! Civic EX Cats are cheap to replace ($270). Civic LX and DX and CX have catalyctic converter connected to exhaust manifold as ONE PART and that alone costs $960 at hte DEALERSHIP!! Take it form a used car dealer, I've had many of these.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:49 AM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Originally Posted by kaoshen
I had the same problem with my 2000 Honda Civic EX automatic. P0420 COULD be bad 02 Sensors OR it could be the Catalytic converter! I replaced my 02 Sensor and light stayed on. So replaced the Catalytic converter and Cleaned out both 02 Sensors and problem solved!! Civic EX Cats are cheap to replace ($270). Civic LX and DX and CX have catalyctic converter connected to exhaust manifold as ONE PART and that alone costs $960 at hte DEALERSHIP!! Take it form a used car dealer, I've had many of these.
Good job bringing a thread back from last year, moron.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:50 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by totalimmortal
At least he did a search...
Old 04-17-2007, 12:21 PM
big2000dave

Default Geeeez...take a pill.

Someone on their cycle today. Take 10 shots of anything that's 100proof and slow your roll bud.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:45 PM
totalimmortal
MalleusMaleficarum

Again, this thread is from last year.

Get out troll.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:23 PM
big2000dave

Default How old are you boy!

Again, this thread is from last year.

Get out troll.
Shut your hole boy and go get your passy. This fit of yours is going nowhere. Everyone is here for help and knowledge on their fav. Hondas. Tis better to bring back an old thread than start a new one. So explain to me son, what your prob? Can't wait to hear it .

Anyway, im getting a P0420 code on my 98 Accord EX and am currently looking for a soil cat that will not throw any codes once installed. I understand Magnaflow direct fits are good. Are Bosal direct fits any good aswell? ....and please, no rage and/or idiocy with replies.

Last edited by big2000dave; 04-18-2007 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:02 PM
skabone69

Originally Posted by big2000dave
Shut your hole boy and go get your passy. This fit of yours is going nowhere. Everyone is here for help and knowledge on their fav. Hondas. Tis better to bring back an old thread than start a new one. So explain to me son, what your prob? Can't wait to hear it .

Anyway, im getting a P0420 code on my 98 Accord EX and am currently looking for a soil cat that will not throw any codes once installed. I understand Magnaflow direct fits are good. Are Bosal direct fits any good aswell? ....and please, no rage and/or idiocy with replies.
wow, what a way to welcome yourself to the community what's a passy? Who the hell do you think you are being an e-thug? There is no better way to alienate yourself from a forum than to type in the tone your are typing.

if you would have read the whole thread and my comment from 9/21, you might realize that my post could help you. might want to try out my suggestion first before you get a new cat.
Old 04-18-2007, 04:07 PM
big2000dave

Originally Posted by skabone69
wow, what a way to welcome yourself to the community what's a passy? Who the hell do you think you are being an e-thug? There is no better way to alienate yourself from a forum than to type in the tone your are typing.

if you would have read the whole thread and my comment from 9/21, you might realize that my post could help you. might want to try out my suggestion first before you get a new cat.
o i'm harmless; however, sometimes one tone deserves another. But as the saying goes, 2 wrongs don't make a right. A passy is a pacifier by the way....lol. i'll be trying your suggestion out and am thinking ahead just in case the cat does need to be replaced. Thanks for the post.