Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Honda/Acura proformance shop on LI NY

Old 09-19-2005, 04:16 PM
TSM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda/Acura proformance shop on LI NY

I am 8 year experinced automotive technician ASE master certified and looking to leve my job at an acura dealer and go into business for myself, I want to open a honda/acura proformance shop on long island. I just want to get some feedback on who would be interested and what services you want .

When I start it (planning on sometime between march 06-may06)and I am going to open as a repair and proformance shop and phase into total proformance . I would like to do all aspects of raceing drag and auto-x, eventually get a dyno, alignments, crate motors, and any other proformance setups and repairs.

Please post your feedback good or bad I would really like to know if there is a market for this on long island ?

Thank you
Tom
Old 09-20-2005, 07:54 AM
EkcivicBeast

that sounds like a grest idea,i wish the best i am currently in school for automotive engineering, and i am interested in it, i also would like 2 work in a performance shop,would like 2 talk more please pm me
Old 09-20-2005, 09:26 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like it. don't start too big though, and learn the in's and out's of the aftermarket scene first, it will save you and your customers money, time and headaches.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:07 PM
mrb24

Hi

I have a question for you since you are a tech. I have a 2005 MDX that's abs kicks in when there is no reason to. It has occured 3 times in the 5 months that I have owned the car. The last time the abs wouldn't stop-every time I put my foot on the brake, the abs started. I had to have trhe car towed to the dealer (a dealer in nassau, long island). This last time the vsa and trianagle signs lit up. Once I turned the car off and on again, the brakes were fine. The only code stored was one for the brake light switch which they say is unrelated. The road conditions were perfect.

They have checked to make sure the sensors weren't lose, drove the vehicle for 4 days, and the problem has not occured again. They say the abs is just sensitive, but I have many friends who own the mdx and they abs has never engaged once! Please let me know what you think. I know this is unrelated to your thread, but onece I saw you were a tech on LI, I hoped to get any ideas from you.

THANK YOU!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:36 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrb24
Hi

I have a question for you since you are a tech. I have a 2005 MDX that's abs kicks in when there is no reason to. It has occured 3 times in the 5 months that I have owned the car. The last time the abs wouldn't stop-every time I put my foot on the brake, the abs started. I had to have trhe car towed to the dealer (a dealer in nassau, long island). This last time the vsa and trianagle signs lit up. Once I turned the car off and on again, the brakes were fine. The only code stored was one for the brake light switch which they say is unrelated. The road conditions were perfect.

They have checked to make sure the sensors weren't lose, drove the vehicle for 4 days, and the problem has not occured again. They say the abs is just sensitive, but I have many friends who own the mdx and they abs has never engaged once! Please let me know what you think. I know this is unrelated to your thread, but onece I saw you were a tech on LI, I hoped to get any ideas from you.

THANK YOU!!!
this is why there are PM's

and may i ask how hard you are pressing on the brake pedal?
Old 09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
mrb24

On all 3 occasions I was pressing lightly. Twice I was slowing down to stop for a light, so I was lightly pressing on the brakes to start to slow the car down. The other time I was driving down my block and started slowing so that I could pull into my driveway.

Thanks!!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:03 PM
TSM

sound like the problem is fixed if it hasen't happed recently
Old 10-08-2005, 05:49 AM
TSM

I am looking to start my business sooner than I thought , I am planning to start on Nov. 1 if everything goes through. I will start it as a normal repair for Hondas/Acuras Preforming services like :

Starting/Charging problems

Routine Matinance

Drivetrain Repairs

Timming belt and Water Pump Service

Clutch Replacments

And many more services for HALF DEALER PRICES

Please contact Tom at 516-835-5147 for FREE ESTIMATES
All work will be guarented.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:13 AM
EkcivicBeast

sounds ok, good luck!