Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

b16a in 95 teg rs

Old 09-18-2005, 09:48 AM
boznuttz
b 16 integra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a in 95 teg rs

i just bought a teg about a month ago from a guy that swapped a b16a engine into it when the stock engine blew. i figure i dont have that much money to swap an engine yet, so i think i just wanna get as much outta this b16 as possible. new dc 4 to 2 to 1 headers, aem cold air intake, ecu tuned to rev at 8700, lighter flywheel and stage two clutch. i want to keep the stock exhaust because i dont want to loose any compression, lol, i need it. but so far its doin pretty well. i think i can drop out soem weight and get a lightened crank pulley too. anyone have any other bolt on suggestions?
Old 09-18-2005, 10:01 AM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by boznuttz
i just bought a teg about a month ago from a guy that swapped a b16a engine into it when the stock engine blew. i figure i dont have that much money to swap an engine yet, so i think i just wanna get as much outta this b16 as possible. new dc 4 to 2 to 1 headers, aem cold air intake, ecu tuned to rev at 8700, lighter flywheel and stage two clutch. i want to keep the stock exhaust because i dont want to loose any compression, lol, i need it. but so far its doin pretty well. i think i can drop out soem weight and get a lightened crank pulley too. anyone have any other bolt on suggestions?
PLease elaborate on your statement "i want to keep the stock exhaust because i dont want to loose any compression, lol, i need it"

With the money that you will spend on those parts and labor you could probably pick up b18c short block and have your stock motor back. Actually it would be a lot cheaper to sell you b16 short block then use that money that you were going to use for the bolt-on's and buy the b18c short block..you'd still have money left over to buy your intake.
Forget the clutch, flywheel, ecu chipping, header (unless you get a free flowing exhaust go with it) as they will do very little to nothing for you on a stock motor.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:37 PM
boznuttz
b 16 integra

soem stuff i just got for cheap. and id only put a free flow exhaust if i was gonan boost it. lol, i wouldnt boost a b16. some kid offered me to swap a higher reving b 16 for the one i have now, but id reall ylike to get a b18c. seems liek the best way. i can keep all the mounts i have now etc etc.....im drunk.