Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Electrical nightmare

Old 09-15-2005, 02:44 AM
chindiesel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical nightmare

Never buy cars from your friends(so called) Anway 1990 2dr acura legend. My interior dash board lights went out, so i can't see how fast i'm going at night. Not only that, but a week my rear head lights don't turn on at night. The brake and signal lights work, but the nightime rear lights don't. Yes i've changed the fuse, but it keeps blowing out. Can someone out there in acura-land help me!!!!! It kinda sucks only being able to drive during the day....help!
Old 09-16-2005, 02:09 PM
HcOiNvDiAc
GOT HONDA?

check all your wiring...cd player and all to see if their are any bare wires, if so they are probally causing the problem.....just take a plug or some electrical tape to it ,replace the fuse once more and check it.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:26 PM
90sicivic
ACCORD & CIVIC TUNER

Fuses blowing out on contact usually means that there is a bare wire grounding out and bringing in too much power. What you might have to do, is find out where that wire is coming from. splice it out.. and Tape it up with electrical tape. Then put in another fuse.. and Try it again. if the same thing happenes then there is more than just one wire.. grounding out

b
Old 09-18-2005, 06:34 PM
HcOiNvDiAc
GOT HONDA?

Originally Posted by 90sicivic
Fuses blowing out on contact usually means that there is a bare wire grounding out and bringing in too much power. What you might have to do, is find out where that wire is coming from. splice it out.. and Tape it up with electrical tape. Then put in another fuse.. and Try it again. if the same thing happenes then there is more than just one wire.. grounding out

b

JUST SAID THAT
Old 09-18-2005, 06:43 PM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default Lighting

Ask or if yu kno if there were aftermarket rear tail lights on the car at one time, is so like stated there may be a wiring problem in the or near the rear tail light assymblies that is causeing yur parking lamps and instrument gauges not to werk. Also this aplies to parking/running lights in the front parking and running light sockets in the bumper. I have corrected to , well 3 cases like this.One was due to a corroded plug in in the front parking lamp housing due to water and moister(dampness and retained water in the housing) making the fuse blow everytime the parking lights were turned on.Same thing in case of the rear lights on another(91) had moister and kept blowing fuses).the last was sum1 put aftermarket lights and they messes up the wiring due to having to change the bulb pig tails to fit the sockets of the aftermarket lights. One last thing i could think of is if there were indiglo or reverse glo gauges which had to be wired to the lights on the panel, and then they were taken out and the wires not correctlly retaped not to expose or bad job just taking the gauges out woul explain the lighting issue.. for more detail just email : Baorice@yahoo.com
Old 09-18-2005, 11:58 PM
Mark633CSi

Default Website For Manuals

Try this website...it has maunals for all models of Hondas/Acuras.

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Hope this helps!

Mark
Edmonton, Alberta
Old 09-19-2005, 09:15 AM
DUNK_Performanc
ThAiLaNd-Land of Smiles

Default will it now

Originally Posted by Mark633CSi
Try this website...it has maunals for all models of Hondas/Acuras.

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/

Hope this helps!

Mark
Edmonton, Alberta
It would help if it covered the Honda Legend model but it does not. Nice try tho.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:45 PM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

you might want to run wires from the fuse slot to a circuit breaker (fuse you can reset) to avoid burning through a bunch of fuses while you diagnos, if it looks like it will take a while.