Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

IAB question aka secondary butterfly

Old 09-13-2005, 12:05 PM
civic401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IAB question aka secondary butterfly

I have a question on the IAB. The plug has two wires. I need to know which wire goes in the ecu and were the second wire goes too.. Do I just plug one wire into the ecu and the other wire I just ground it?? Also as for the IAB vac lines does anyone have a picture of how they're suppose to be connected.
Please help.. I have a 1998 b18c1 with an ex wire harness and everything is obd2. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The typical Honda way to do that stuff is one side of the solenoid is powered from the main relay at all times. The other wire goes to the ECU, which grounds it when it wants to energize the solenoid.

Go to acuraparts247.com or someplace like that, put in the car's information. I guess that would be a '98 Integra GSR since that's where the engine came from. Select intake manifold or something like that for a parts drawing. I'm pretty sure one of those parts drawings shows the IAB vacuum hoses.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:41 PM
mberndt

You will need the vacuum tank that is designed for use with the IAB system. It is a small vacuum tank that mounts underneath the IM... If u look at hondaautomotiveparts.org you will see the vacuum tank on the drawings...
It WILL NOT work without the tank, believe me I tried to hook it up without one for a long time...
Later
Old 09-15-2005, 12:47 PM
civic401

Thanks guys..
Old 09-23-2005, 05:17 AM
robert f thomas

Originally Posted by civic401
I have a question on the IAB. The plug has two wires. I need to know which wire goes in the ecu and were the second wire goes too.. Do I just plug one wire into the ecu and the other wire I just ground it?? Also as for the IAB vac lines does anyone have a picture of how they're suppose to be connected.
Please help.. I have a 1998 b18c1 with an ex wire harness and everything is obd2. Thanks in advance.
I think I can upload a picture of the IM hosing. Don't forget the check valve on the line going into the black vacuum tank. I think the tank cost $30+ but the solenoid is "outta sight". Let me see if I can get this pic:
NOPE, picture is on the wrong side. sorry.

OK go to the site and under the systems list click on the "vacuum tank" picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSCN1060 (Small).JPG (60.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 09-24-2005, 12:14 PM
civic401

thanks
Old 09-24-2005, 12:52 PM
civic401

were would you get a plug at?? i have the iab plug but i don't have the plug that goes into the ecu.. thanks