Notices

00 to 05 conversion?

Old 09-07-2005, 08:49 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 to 05 conversion?

I bought a 2000 S2000 about a month ago. My headlights have a slight haze to them and my tail lights have a recall pending because the rear corner lenses have turned white in the middle and are pink on the top and bottom where they are supose to be red. I was wondering if the headlights and tail lights from the 04-05 would bolt strait on or if somthing like the bumpers would have to be modded to make them fit. If so would the 04-05 bumpers be a strait bolt on? I like the headlights and the tail lights of the 04-05 better than mine. Trust me if i had the money i would have just bought an 04-05 but the best i could do price wise was a 00. I searched for info about this but found nothing.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:54 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the dealer first and get your new free taillights first
Old 09-08-2005, 06:37 AM
evolution
早晨好, 先生們!™ 粉腸+ 春袋

You need to change quite a few things- front headlights, front bumper, rear bumper, taillights and several clips and such. I believe the front bumper needs a different bar too. Anyways the cost is fairly high, around 2k. You could sell your stock headlights for few hundred (there are always those returning to stock) and then use the money to buy the 04-05 headlights to save a bit.

You can still use your old projectors + HIDS but it's a pain to get them to fit in too. I believe the 04-05's have different ballasts but I could be wrong. All I know is that it's a bolt-on project with minor modifications.

Try buying some plastic cleaner, the same type used to buff out the plastic rear window. It should unhaze the front headlights.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:49 PM
s2k jimbo

Default ummm?

okay its not all that hard to do.. i have an ap1 MY01 or 2001 model S and i did both taillight and headlight conversions to an AP2 or 04-05 S model....the difference in the taillights is the mounting bracket is to big u have to drill the holes or grind it down bigger to fit the new taillights but they fit pretty flush also for the headlights u dont have to change the bumper or anything just for headlights you can if you want but the ap2 headlights will fit an ap1 s with out any modification to the body or frame.. the only thing you really have to modify is the new ap2 headlight housing underneath where the brackets are... if you want detailed instructions with pictures join www.s2ki.com im on there as "s2k jimbo" you can pm me on there if yoiu have any questions or comments...

you can check out www.hardtopguy.com for a retrofit kit for the headlights its about $700-$800 so if u sell urs for a few hundred it wont seem as much.

heres a picture of my S...