Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Could This Be The Culprit

Old 09-06-2005, 04:33 PM
jdiddy2k4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could This Be The Culprit

Ok I had engine overheating problems on my 98 civic at complete stops/really slow speeds. However upon faster acceleration/speed the engine maintains the regular temperature, so that leaves me with the obvious that the engine isn't getting enough cooling when at stops/slow speeds. Is there a way to see if the radiator fan isn't powering up? I turn the car to ign II and turn the ac on and the a/c fan works, but the radiator fan never came on? Could this be the problem to the engine heating up at stops? It is going to a honda dealer tomorrow, but I just wanna get some ideas as to how much money to expect to shell out for the fix
Old 09-06-2005, 06:26 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

let your car idle for about 5-7 minutes and watch if the fan turns on if it doesnt watch your temp gauge if it gets higher and higher and if the fan doesnt kick on then its broken but if your temp gauge still reads normal than it most likely is the coolant temp sensor.