Notices

"Maint Req" light "on" --- 2005 Honda Accord LX

Old 09-05-2005, 07:20 PM
kevin_k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Maint Req" light "on" --- 2005 Honda Accord LX

Guys,
I have a 2005 Honda Accord which has 8000 miles on it and it is now almost 8 months old. I got the oil changed at the 1st scheduled interval of 5000 miles at about 3.5 months ago. As per the maintenance schedule given by Honda the next oil change / service should be at 10000 miles. Today my car showed me the maintenance required light on even though it is 2000 miles short of next scheduled maintenance. Is anything seriously wrong with the engine?

I will take it to the Honda Dealership tomorrow but needed some inputs from you guys if you have experienced anything similar to this in the past?

Thank You,

Kev
Old 09-05-2005, 07:24 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have a nifty little feature called the search button located in the upper right hand side of the forums. Please click it and type in 'maintenance required light' or similiar. Thanks
Old 09-05-2005, 07:29 PM
kevin_k

Default Maintenance Required Light

I did the search before posting this. Couldn't find anything for 2005 Honda Accords , that's why I posted it here. If you could find a link to similar problem on 2005 Honda Accord please post it here.I would appreciate your help.

Thanks again
Kev
Old 09-05-2005, 07:34 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...required+light

Old 09-05-2005, 08:13 PM
kevin_k

Default Maintenance Required Light - 2005 Honda Accord -- Reason

Thanks I also got the answer from my owner's manual:

This info might help someone else...:

"Between 8K and 10 K miles , this indicator will light for 2 secs when you first turn the ignition switch to ON and then flash for 2 secs." ( This is what my car is doing )

"If you exceed 10K miles without having the scheduled maintenance performed, this indicator will remain on as constant reminder."

So I could conclude that my car is working fine and all I need to do is get the scheduled maintenance done before 10k...

I am very much relaxed now. Honda is GREAT!!!

Kev
Old 09-06-2005, 04:17 AM
flyromeo3

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
We have a nifty little feature called the search button located in the upper right hand side of the forums. Please click it and type in 'maintenance required light' or similiar. Thanks

The effort it took to type your message you could of explained to him what might of triggered that light.

It could be you need to change your air filter.
Usually when my maintenance light goes on its around the time I need to change the air filter and or my oil.
Since you changed the oil its probably the filter.

Your manual also gives you a list of what maintenance needs to be done within certain mileages on your car.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 AM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Originally Posted by flyromeo3
The effort it took to type your message you could of explained to him what might of triggered that light.

It could be you need to change your air filter.
Usually when my maintenance light goes on its around the time I need to change the air filter and or my oil.
Since you changed the oil its probably the filter.

Your manual also gives you a list of what maintenance needs to be done within certain mileages on your car.
Actually I copied and pasted. The threads I posted and the info he gathered himself will help him far more than you telling him that his car actually requires some sort of service, which is misleading. You should know by now that the light is triggered by nothing more than your odometer.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Acura_Crazed

Yeah the "maint minder" is a nice feature we have in our 7th gens but I too was like WTF when it started flashing at me when I hit 10k and 20k. Its very easy to reset yourself and you really shouldnt worry about any major service changes until 30k. Just keep the oil up to date.