Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Engine Temp Problem

Old 09-05-2005, 04:42 PM
jdiddy2k4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Temp Problem

I was driving today and noticed that the engine temp was fluctuating a little past half way. I checked my radiator reserve yesterday and it was at the min mark so I filled it back up to the max mark. I was wondering if there could be a leak or something as it just started this today. Or could it be the outside temperature contributing to the engine temp raising? It is a 98 civic....Also it will start raising after a few minutes of standing still/slow driving, but upon faster speed the temp will lower. Do you think this could be a fan problem?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Arrogant_

Originally Posted by jdiddy2k4
I was driving today and noticed that the engine temp was fluctuating a little past half way. I checked my radiator reserve yesterday and it was at the min mark so I filled it back up to the max mark. I was wondering if there could be a leak or something as it just started this today. Or could it be the outside temperature contributing to the engine temp raising? It is a 98 civic....Also it will start raising after a few minutes of standing still/slow driving, but upon faster speed the temp will lower. Do you think this could be a fan problem?

My temp. gauge has done that to me before, and it's that the car wasn't ground.

You should check your engine grounding wires.

I hope I shed some light.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:59 PM
qtiger

Is your radiator fan coming on?