Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Harness ? on swap! HELP!

Old 08-31-2005, 08:29 PM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harness ? on swap! HELP!

I have a 96 LS and im runnin an obd1 chipped p75 with the obd2-1 harness and im going to be swapping in an 0bd1 jdm b18c. Am I going to need an obd1 gsr harness and how am i going to hook it up with my ecu? I know im going to need something wired for vtec. Can i use my obd2 ls harness? Can someone tell me what harness and what steps i need to do to complete this swap. Sorry its my first swap of my own car and im dreding it because i know im going to run into problems with the electrical. Any help is appreciated, thanks
Old 09-01-2005, 04:30 AM
B18C Turbo

If you bought the engine already thats cool. But why not do an LS/Vtec? That would be sick. You can get a NO machining required kit from Golden Eagle for $200 on ebay. The kit includes a modified head gasket, oil sandwich plate with oil line to the head, a plug for the head and tap. All fittings required and no machining dowel relocation pins for alignment of the head. Dont forget vtec oil control orfices and 0-rings. While your here, swap in some ITR pistons on the stock Pr4 rods. Buy a P28 chipped ecu or a GSR or civic si ecu to run the vtec. Some cam gears, new gaskets and bearings, a new timing belt, water pump, maybe a new oil pump, defintely new head bolts and your ready to rock!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 AM
teggyls
J-villan

Originally Posted by aboobybobpleez
I have a 96 LS and im runnin an obd1 chipped p75 with the obd2-1 harness and im going to be swapping in an 0bd1 jdm b18c. Am I going to need an obd1 gsr harness and how am i going to hook it up with my ecu? I know im going to need something wired for vtec. Can i use my obd2 ls harness? Can someone tell me what harness and what steps i need to do to complete this swap. Sorry its my first swap of my own car and im dreding it because i know im going to run into problems with the electrical. Any help is appreciated, thanks
dont half ass this. buy a obd1 gsr ecu. your ls ecu has no vetc control or the right fuel maps.

you say you do have a OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness right? you should be fine once you get the gsr ecu.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:02 AM
teggyls
J-villan

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
If you bought the engine already thats cool. But why not do an LS/Vtec? That would be sick. You can get a NO machining required kit from Golden Eagle for $200 on ebay. The kit includes a modified head gasket, oil sandwich plate with oil line to the head, a plug for the head and tap. All fittings required and no machining dowel relocation pins for alignment of the head. Dont forget vtec oil control orfices and 0-rings. While your here, swap in some ITR pistons on the stock Pr4 rods. Buy a P28 chipped ecu or a GSR or civic si ecu to run the vtec. Some cam gears, new gaskets and bearings, a new timing belt, water pump, maybe a new oil pump, defintely new head bolts and your ready to rock!
he didnt ask for suggestions on engine upgrades and setups. he simply asked for help with a ecu-harness question
Old 09-01-2005, 11:49 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by teggyls
he didnt ask for suggestions on engine upgrades and setups. he simply asked for help with a ecu-harness question
Agreed.

As a general comment to all users of the forum -- please answer the original question and refrain from derailing the thread.

When the OP asks a chassis wiring question, the OP doesn't need a sales pitch for LS/VTEC.

Thanks for your cooperation.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:51 PM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

will i need an obd1 gsr harness or can i use my obd2 ls harness and wire in vtec?
Old 09-03-2005, 10:42 AM
aboobybobpleez
Certified Rice-Rocket

Bump, Someone Answer My Question Please!!