Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

vtec works when it wants!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-31-2005, 06:20 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default vtec works when it wants!!!!!!!!!!!

having problem with vtec.. in the morning or when the car has cool down "like for 4 hrs" vtec will not engage.... then it wil kick on about a couple of mins of driving..... oil pressure is fine... what could it be?????? p.s i go all the way to redline
Old 08-31-2005, 07:36 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

vtec will not work until the engine is up to operating temps. you shouldnt be redlining it when it's cold anyway.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:21 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Vtec will only engage if the coolant is the proper temperature, knock readings are present and within range, oil pressure is within range, and you are moving.

Like snoopy said, don't redline or take the car up past vtec engagement point until the car is warmed up to normal operating temperatures.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:35 PM
hitman619
SDSU Basketball

thanks guys!!!!! good looking i go to to 3:30 in the morning i don't redline per say i just get close im installing cluster with tach this week.... im learning more and more though this site and reserch every day.... as matter of fact im putting my money aside for a rebuild not sure about turbo yet still doing my homework!!!!!