Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

porsche exhaust

Old 08-31-2005, 12:54 PM
robert f thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche exhaust

Porsche has a dual stage exhaust. Honda has a dual stage intake manifold. Do you think a B18 needs to be dual stage exhaust?
I am going to the local exhaust fab man and I will ask him to put together some different diameter size exhaust tubes. I will have an initial header port size tube- then a reversion bulb- then a smaller step down from the bulge- then back to the original tubing before the 2.5 collector. The big boys do this mod.
But what I really want is to take the GSR dual stage intake manifold with the butterflies and apply it to my exhaust header!!!??? HAHA!! YES!
Does anyone want to supply a GSR IM for my experiment??

OK, I'll go with my first header mod and be done with it.
ARe you sure you dont want to try this?
Anybody have an old porsche exhaust we can use??
"WHERE IS MY ANGRY YOUNG MAN"!!! r newman.
RFT
Old 08-31-2005, 02:41 PM
DakarM

smallest Porsche engine is 2.7L in displacement. I don't see the need for such exhaust in a typical honda/acura.
LCD Squad #0001
Originally Posted by WiLL
...I really wanna get out and shoot people.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:07 PM
ED9man
driver

1000cc motorcycles have it :shrug:
Old 09-01-2005, 05:50 AM
qtiger

Porsche exhausts, like those of most exotic cars these days (Ferrari in particular), are really not built for performance anymore. Performance of the exhaust typically takes second place to the sound it makes under various conditions. Multistage exhausts typically only change the path of the exhaust inside the muffler system, to allow a bit of noise at idle and under spirited driving while keeping the car quiet on the freeway and while cruising. I highly doubt there are any noticable performance benefits over a single stage exhaust system.