Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Turbo IS300 having some problems..

Old 08-30-2005, 06:02 PM
hakjai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo IS300 having some problems..

I know its a little OT but I'm asking for a friend of mine. He recently changed out his stock head gasket on his turbocharged is300 and is having some issues at idle. The car struggles to stay on and his oil pressure fluctuates. Any ideas guys? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:25 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long has it been in there?

sometiems it takes things a while to settle in right, i've heard people tell others to retorque it after a certain ammoutn of miles to make sure it's seated right

but before you tell him to do that i'd liek to have someone come here and back me up on this
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 AM
hakjai

thanks for the reply sherwood. Its the first time hes started it up since the headgasket install. As for the turbo, its been in the car for over a year but hasnt been driven in 6 months because he went away on a business trip.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:34 PM
AcuraFanatic

Did the battery die at all when it wasn't sitting in storage? On some piggyback ECU's when the battery dies you need to reprogram it as it loses it's data. That's why reflashes own you.