Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Breather Hose LS/Vtec

Old 08-29-2005, 12:26 PM
steven_SA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breather Hose LS/Vtec

Just need to find out where the best place is for the breather hose on a LS/Vtec. I have a B16 Head which requires the breather hose to run down and into the block some where which the LS block dont have. I take it I have to tap the valve cover just not to sure where to tap it.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
robert f thomas

The valve cover has a breather port that is connected to your intake tube connection. The LS block usually comes with a black box (baffled). The black box is connected to the passenger rear of the block. On the top of the "breather box" are 2 tube connections. One connection goes to the top of the LS block. I beleive that is the incoming tube. The 2nd connection is the pcv valve air return to your intake manifold.
I can find a picture of the LS breather box and tubes. What auto does the b16 head come from? I can only get pictures by veh/year info.
If your LS block comes without a black breather box don't worry. There are breather "kits" out there that will improve upon stock.

I have a question. What about putting steel wool into an unbaffled oil "catch" can?? I'm not going to fill it up but about up to the middle?Anybody ?

OK, let me try for that LS picture. RFT
Old 08-29-2005, 02:02 PM
robert f thomas

Well, the picture is beyond me. Are you interested enough to visit the estore.honda.com address. There are 2 departments. Chose the parts dept, then click the "add new vehicle" on the right. Then enter your specs on the left.
I cannot remember, you might have to sign up. Have a credit card handy. If you are building you want to belong to this sight to easily order do-dads the commercial parts places will not "part-out". OK, good luck.
There is no shipping cost if you have the items delivered to your local acura parts counter. RFT