Notices

FAQ: EGR Port Cleaning - Engine Hesitation/Stumbling

Old 08-25-2006, 05:54 AM
accord99v6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

98coupeV6,
Again its painfully obvious you dont do work on your car. I have cleaned the throttle body a month ago by way of removing the rubber cowling coming from the air filter box. I will no longer be responding to you because you are a waste of time and are just recycling info without doing the job yourself. You havent done the job. When people cant provide pertinent details and are general and unspecific about a job they reveal their lack of knowledge etc.
98coupeV6 is a BS'er who can only read a TSB. He/she should actually try getting hands dirty.......

Last edited by accord99v6; 08-25-2006 at 06:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:32 AM
rodneysridev6

Originally Posted by 98CoupeV6
I would really, really recommend removing the throttle body and intake manifold completely so that you can clean them thoroughly. It only takes 5 minutes to get the TB off, 2 bolts and 2 nuts. You'll be amazed at how dirty everything is. Take the IM apart and let it soak with some carb cleaner. And make sure the IM is torqued down to the correct spec with the factory bolts or you'll have problems.
98CoupeV6 clearly does not know squat "youll be amazed at how dirty everything is" Are you for real?..h:
Old 08-25-2006, 07:28 AM
TaekOne
pronounced tech

Originally Posted by rodneysridev6
98CoupeV6 clearly does not know squat "youll be amazed at how dirty everything is" Are you for real?..h:
Originally Posted by accord99v6
98coupeV6,
Again its painfully obvious you dont do work on your car. I have cleaned the throttle body a month ago by way of removing the rubber cowling coming from the air filter box. I will no longer be responding to you because you are a waste of time and are just recycling info without doing the job yourself. You havent done the job. When people cant provide pertinent details and are general and unspecific about a job they reveal their lack of knowledge etc.
98coupeV6 is a BS'er who can only read a TSB. He/she should actually try getting hands dirty.......
who the hell are you two?? :gtfo:
Old 08-25-2006, 12:05 PM
rodneysridev6

who the heck are you?
Old 08-30-2006, 07:22 AM
accord99v6

Front view- disconnect these also

Old 09-02-2006, 05:01 PM
bpp

I was able to get the2 nuts and 2 bolts out on the Throttle Body but could not actually pull the TB off the Intake Manifold. It felt like it was welded on . Any tips on getting it off? I ended up doing exactly what the previous poster did was hold the intake up and just clean it from underneath but cleaning the whole thing would be preferred. Also now that I have cleaned it, would using soomething like SeaFoam every 10K miles be helpful?
Old 09-04-2006, 06:48 PM
accord99v6

If you want to clean the throttle body intake you can take the rubber cowling off coming from the filter box and spray it. There is a mass air flow sensor somewhere in there also. Im guessing inside the rubber cowling. As far as using products like seafoam and Lucas upper cylinder head cleaner I would not waste money on the 'Mechanic in a can' stuff. Several days before my check engine came on I had put some Lucas cleaner in. This may have loosened some carbon up and may have hastened the clog'd EGR ports problem. Just follow the pdf I posted and hook up all vacuum hoses etc and pull and reinsert the 13 fuse and you should be good to go. My Check engine has stayed off and my car runs awesome since cleaning the ports out.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
aznpimpin89

not sure if this is what you guys mean by the problem, but i might have it. on my AUTOMATIC 98 accord, when i step on the gas like a little hardish (lol), it takes a little less than half a second to react. and when im driving at a constant speed of 40mph then i decide to smash on the peddle, i get a hesitation time about half a second, then my car jerks with speed.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:55 PM
aznpimpin89

k, im a noob and i have no clue about wat a throttle body is and stuff and i have no clue on what those little tube thingies that connect to the engine are. you think i can still clean it by looking at those pcitures?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Misa
Pic Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn.... fucking noobs bashing on 98coupeV6 :squint: