Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Ultimate Drag Car Debate

Old 07-31-2005, 04:43 PM
Mr.Speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultimate Drag Car Debate

Hows it goin out there in the sportcompact racing world.
Got a question for you guys. What is the ultimate car built stock for drag racing? Exp. 240sx for drag. What would the ideal car to build for dragging? FWD,RWD,AWD dont matter. And which of the FWD cars is best suited for drag racing?
Thanks for the input!
Old 07-31-2005, 05:50 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

please explain why you posted this in the civic section
Old 08-18-2005, 05:37 PM
rzarectah
soon to be turbo'd

h: this isnt the civic section, its the drag section...

in my opinion i would say the eclipse GSX, the subaru STI, or the Mitsu EVO series only cuz they are AWD and launch better than anything i have seen
Old 08-18-2005, 07:51 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Originally Posted by rzarectah
in my opinion i would say the eclipse GSX, the subaru STI, or the Mitsu EVO series only cuz they are AWD and launch better than anything i have seen
Absolutely rediculous. You people are brainwashed.

If you want to make a CHEAP DRAG CAR... get a 1985-1992 Mustang LX with a 5.0L HO engine (they come stock with forged pistons), gut it, and then mod the shit out of it. RWD>AWD. When the shit starts to break, people realize this.

And which FWD car is best suited for drag racing? Well, they are all bad at it, but the best place to start would be FWD turbo DSM for the price/performance (or the SRT-4, the "new DSM", if you want a new reliable car).
Old 08-19-2005, 07:17 AM
rzarectah
soon to be turbo'd

i was talking about off the lots cars, i wouldnt bet on anything else other than an AWD turbo vehicle, due to their 0-60 times, this will create a jump that will be difficult to catch up to. But for all out racing, definitely a mustang or camaro, its hard to beat a big burly engine that is built for power, u dont see guys on the track with I4's in the faster classes, not saying they cant hang, its just easier to pull horses out of a V8
Old 08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Originally Posted by rzarectah
i was talking about off the lots cars, i wouldnt bet on anything else other than an AWD turbo vehicle, due to their 0-60 times, this will create a jump that will be difficult to catch up to. But for all out racing, definitely a mustang or camaro, its hard to beat a big burly engine that is built for power, u dont see guys on the track with I4's in the faster classes, not saying they cant hang, its just easier to pull horses out of a V8
Gotcha.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:48 PM
blkstangman88

im with nathan1234, if u want a cheap drag car, ive got an 88 gt mustang sitting in my garage awaiting a S/C 351C. though the gt's arnt the lights, the older and newer foxbodys are fairly light in the V8 world. yes there are some pretty fast imports on the market, there still no match to a nicely built v8 in my eyes.