Notices

Is DNX the next RL?

Old 09-04-2002, 05:17 AM
MPM77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is DNX the next RL?

I just got done reading an old article on the DNX

http://www.hondanews.com/Forms/acura...ia***-***acura(directory)concepts(directory)***.ws4d?acura/concepts/results(r)_text.html

Yes, that’s the whole link!

I started thinking of what Acura did for the luxury car industry and what Acura stood for back in, way back in 1986. Acura redefined the luxury car segment when it introduced the Legend. The Legend provided all the comfort and convenience of an American automobile, the superb handling and power of German engineering, but also included the superior quality and reliability only offered by Japanese manufactures, namely Honda. Since the competition grew Acura has been lost and does not stand for the greatness it once owned (I see a stark resemblance to Cadillac here!).

The current trend in high-end autos is to create the best ride quality, while not sacrificing handling. Look no further than MB's E-Class and how it has improved handling to compete with the much more agile 5-Series. That said, isn't this what Acura pioneered back in '86? Isn't this what they got away from with the RL?

As always, Acura has been very quiet with what is going on with the new RL or even a 2003 model of the current version – same holds true on other new model introductions. However, they are very open with information on the DNX! In my opinion, the DNX represents everything that Acura was, should be and I think is striving to be! While the DNX is small, 173 inches, it just may be the base of the next RL. Too many of its gadgets (night vision, active headlights, 3-d display, dimming glass, etc.) are already in production of high-end autos. So I ask, will we see a DNX about 25 inches longer rebadged as an RL? Or maybe RLX?
Old 09-16-2002, 06:43 PM
yogi799

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the link you gave does not work.... I found nothing about this car on the www.acura.com web site.