Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

help;need traction at drag strip?

Old 07-11-2005, 05:41 PM
candyman0531

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag radials (which ones ?)

I have a 98 honda civic hb with stroked ls/vtec it puts out 248whp .I have up graded the front disc brakes to wilwood big brake kit so the smallest rim i can run is 17 inch .trying to find out best susupension set up and or tires to prevent wheel spin .please i'm tired of just spinning my wheels at the track .update I've added complete susupension setup adj coilovers ,shocks and traction bar and done a couple of test and tune runs .now i'm looking at getting drag radials does anybody know anything about the dunlop inferno dot drag radial
Old 07-11-2005, 05:55 PM
kiddcarbuff

taction bars,.. get some older issues of super street... they intalled a whole rear assemlby traction deal.....i think it was made by lakewood? if not get some traction bars.. hoosier tires maybe?
Old 07-11-2005, 06:00 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Hmm. Traction bars and drag radials
Old 07-11-2005, 07:11 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Learn how to drive.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:05 PM
candyman0531

Originally Posted by CivicSiRacer
Learn how to drive.
why don't you just stick to your auto cross ,you wouldn't know anything about real power .
Old 07-15-2005, 07:47 PM
daily interlude

Practice...and drag radials or even full slicks.
Old 07-30-2005, 06:28 PM
nayrb

ive raced many times in my day...if you want better traction let air out of ur tires..i let out like 15-20 and you wont break them loose off the line as easily ...also hold your burn out for a while ..get some white smoke goin
Old 08-01-2005, 08:37 AM
fjm1
G35

I've heard that most street tires do not respond well to smokey burnouts. They get greasy.

I've had the best luck hooking up by going around the water box and doing a quicky burout to scrub off any debris on the tires.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:41 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by fjm1
I've heard that most street tires do not respond well to smokey burnouts. They get greasy.

I've had the best luck hooking up by going around the water box and doing a quicky burout to scrub off any debris on the tires.

If your running street tires then you are doing the correct thing by going around the water box and not heating up your tires.
You only want to heat up slicks because they are made of a different rubber compound then street tires.
Don't lower your tire pressure to much if your running street tires. The purpose of running lower tire pressure is so you have more of a contact patch (more tread on the ground) and if you have slicks, it allows the sidewall to wrinkle and flex to help with traction. Street tires won't respond the same way. You can let some air out to get more tread on the ground, but going to low will just cause the tires to cup. When I ran ran street tires I used to lower my pressure about 10psi and that was all. On my D/R's I have found that running about 11psi (cold) gets me the best 60' times...Try different pressures to see what works best for you.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:41 AM
ohio_civic

Go Here Lakewood traction bars. There is also another setup out there that I seen before. I plan on getting these and slicks as soon as i do my swap.