Notices

easily adjustable shocks?

Old 06-06-2005, 04:10 AM
bnuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easily adjustable shocks?

ok I'm looking at geting a spring/shock combo. I'm basicly looking for something that would be pretty decent in autocross, yet be livable as a daily driver. Here's what i was thinking: if i get an easily adjustble ride hight i can drop it 1.5"-1.75" when I get to the track and that will also give me 1 degree or so of negative camber which will be nice for autocross and then i can raise it up a little on the street so i don't eat through tires and bottom out all the time (western PA). Is there any spring/shocks that easily adjustable enough to make this idea practical? I will be changing wheels for autocross so I will have the wheels off.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:17 AM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

coilovers is the way to go - most run around the same price (tein/dc2/omni/skunk2). by easy, what exactly do u mean? someting u can do without breaking sweat ? (if ur skinny, and weak like me - good luck)
Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
bnuk

by easy I mean with the front (or rear) of the car off the ground on a heavy duty jack I want to be able to adjust them (without having to use jack stands) in about as much time as it takes to change the wheels. I don't really care if its hard it just needs to be a design that is durable enough to last while being adjusted once or twice a week.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:25 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Then I'd recommend a threaded body coilover like the TEIN Super Street Damper System... If used in conjunction with a upgraded anti-roll bars and a camber kit, you're set.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!