Notices

How Long Do Accord's Last?

Old 06-05-2005, 05:37 PM
Jenk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Long Do Accord's Last?

Last time I posted here, I was torn between the 2005 Camry (LE, 4-cyl.) and the '05 Accord (EX, 4-cyl.)--and still am. I'd like to know if the
Accord, with proper maintenance, can run many years without vibration issues. (I've heard that after 4, or so, years, the car can start to run a bit roughly and that you can feel it in the shift lever and in general. I've also been told that the Accord's engine isn't as well insulated as is the Camry's...but it's hard to determine what's truth anymore.)

Thanks,

Jenk
Old 06-05-2005, 05:51 PM
BNaccord2k1

All I can say is go drive them both a few times and figure out which one you like better. Both will be dependable cars.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:56 PM
ihabfan

most asian families love camry because it's dependable and smooth.
accords you can feel more engine better for sport people.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:32 PM
Jenk

Originally Posted by BNaccord2k1
All I can say is go drive them both a few times and figure out which one you like better. Both will be dependable cars.
I've done four Camry test drives (three within a month's time) and two Accord test drives. And I'm still rather torn. I like the feel of the Camry, but I hear that the Accord gets better highway gas mileage (and I primarily drive expressways to get to work). Eh... Chances are, smooth and dependable will win out for me. There needs to be a car that runs with the Camry's smoothness and the Accord's pizzazz.

Jenk
Old 06-05-2005, 06:36 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

both are very dependible, i'd go with the accord because i believe it has abetter resale value, but in all honesty either one is a good choice.
Old 06-05-2005, 06:39 PM
accordsir86

my last car, a 93 accord had 293k miles before i did a h22 swap, at the same time, my cus had a 91 camry with 267k miles. they both ran like a champ. as long as u take care of it with regular maintenace they will both run great. the camry is a smoother car but then ihabfan is rite cus the accord has a more sporty feel to it. have fun deciding.
Old 06-05-2005, 07:00 PM
98CoupeV6
lots and lots of fail

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they'll both last forever - camry's have been known for their fair share of engine problems over the years too. Buy based on which one drives nicer to you and which has the nicer interior.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:59 PM
VTEC-Power

If you treat them good they will treat you good
Old 06-08-2005, 02:39 PM
fstop128

toyota engine sludge problem bad in camrys..the new ones have it too.. big issue..not sure if the accord has the tranny problems for 05.. the newer corolla now has the engine sludge problem. older corollas dont know how far back but they never use to have the sludge problem..

the sludge problem isnt related to maintenance either.. that engine has to run at a higher heat to meet emissions standards and it just turns the oil to sludge.. that keeps me from going camry.. i prefer my 92 but i dont see anything new or newer that is made as well..i have the shake at idle but it doesnt interfere with how the car runs..new motor mounts would help, keep it tuned, they are fuel injected there will be some vibration. ac compressor makes it vibrate some people have the egr valve problems.. 117,500m i havent had the later problem.. the motor/tranny mounts do influence the shake suppose to damper the vibrations..

if the decision is really hard to make check out..edmunds.com, consumer reports, msn.autos. com all have consumer reviews that might help u decide.. see what actual owners say..
Old 06-09-2005, 10:01 AM
goodfella

forever