Notices

Integra Steering Linkage?

Old 05-30-2005, 08:32 PM
poomanshoe89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra Steering Linkage?

I have a 99 GSR that when I took out of the garage after storage, didn't seem to want to go down the road the same as when I put it away. I have noticed that the car wants to jump around a little more than before, and I am constantly having to hold the wheel to be ready for it to jump around when it catches the grooves in the road or when I hit a bump. I was wondering if maybe a steering linkage is loose and if anyone knows how to adjust this. OR, if anyone has any other ideas, I would appreciate the input. Thanks, Paul
Old 05-30-2005, 09:43 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

When was the last time it got an alignment? Check the tire pressures, alignment, power steering fluid level and tire balance first.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
poomanshoe89

I have not had an alignment in a LONG time...if ever. My tires are about shot, and I just got off of Edgeracing.com and ordered some new Falken ZE512s. I am hopin that with new tires, and an alignment it will do the trick. I have heard that some funny things can happen when a car is out of alignment. If this does not do the trick, what do think it could be?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:23 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by poomanshoe89
I have not had an alignment in a LONG time...if ever. My tires are about shot, and I just got off of Edgeracing.com and ordered some new Falken ZE512s. I am hopin that with new tires, and an alignment it will do the trick. I have heard that some funny things can happen when a car is out of alignment. If this does not do the trick, what do think it could be?
I am pretty sure that is what it is. You will be surprised what a new set of tires and alignment will do to smooth out the steering.