Notices
News & Rumors Archives Useful threads, previous Cars of the Week, and more.

2007 Toyota Camry?

Old 05-28-2005, 04:17 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MtViewGuy88
It'll probably probably use improved versions of the 2.4-liter I-4 and 3.5-liter V-6 engines used on the current Camry models, though don't be surprised that the low-end models use five-speed automatics and high-end models use six-speed automatics.
The LE V6 and XLE V6 have a 3.0 liter engine, the SE V6 is a 3.3 liter. The new 3.5 liter is only in the Avalon at the moment.

In recent Camry history, all models using the same engine have had the same transmission. When they switched from 4-speed to 5-speed automatics the change was made across the board. The only exception here being that the SE V6 got the 3.3 liter in 2004 and the 5-speed that came with it while the rest of the lineup had 4-speed transmissions. But everything else got a 5-speed transmission in 2005. It would stand to reason that if Toyota goes to a 6-speed the change will be similarly uniform.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:47 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Between the blurry focus and the weird camera angles, I'm not making any comments until I see some decent photos of this thing. h:

But what I can kinda see in these pics isn't very encouraging. :ugh:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-28-2005, 08:37 PM
RB26DETT
Eagles > NFL

looks a lot more aggresive, which is a good thing.
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
MtViewGuy88
Hopeful FIT owner

Originally Posted by MrFatbooty
It would stand to reason that if Toyota goes to a 6-speed the change will be similarly uniform.
I would agree but if a six-speed automatic for the next-generation Camry is much more expensive than the current five-speed automatic the four-cylinder models could retain the five-speed so the lower-end Camry models could be sold at a competitive price against the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima.
Old 05-28-2005, 11:27 PM
stickyshifter

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Between the blurry focus and the weird camera angles, I'm not making any comments until I see some decent photos of this thing. h:

But what I can kinda see in these pics isn't very encouraging. :ugh:
Actually, these are actual sharp focused photos. Toyota developed a Syner-bokeh-hybrid-blur on all its potential boring models. So all you see on the highway is a wicked shadowy blur of the car. This way it keeps everyone guessing and ignoring it's ultra boringness embeded in most of its models.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Originally Posted by MtViewGuy88
I would agree but if a six-speed automatic for the next-generation Camry is much more expensive than the current five-speed automatic the four-cylinder models could retain the five-speed so the lower-end Camry models could be sold at a competitive price against the Honda Accord and Nissan Altima.
Well yeah if you mean that just V6 models will get the 6-speed first then okay.

But the way your post came out it sounded like you meant the XLE 4-cyl would get the 6-speed while the base LE 4-cyl would keep the 5-speed.

Honestly I don't think Toyota will switch to 6-speed transmissions just yet. They only switched to 5-speeds for the 2005 model year, and the Camry is not exactly what I would call a pillar of technical innovation.
Old 05-29-2005, 12:10 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by stickyshifter
Actually, these are actual sharp focused photos. Toyota developed a Syner-bokeh-hybrid-blur on all its potential boring models. So all you see on the highway is a wicked shadowy blur of the car. This way it keeps everyone guessing and ignoring it's ultra boringness embeded in most of its models.
so what's with that weird flower and wind chime thing in front of the camera in all of the pictures? its in the same place for all of them. i don't get it...
Old 05-29-2005, 12:21 PM
stickyshifter

Originally Posted by mayonaise
so what's with that weird flower and wind chime thing in front of the camera in all of the pictures? its in the same place for all of them. i don't get it...
Blue tooth.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:28 PM
mayonaise

Originally Posted by stickyshifter
Blue tooth.
:eh: what does bluetooth have to do with it?
Old 05-30-2005, 05:49 AM
lostJR

Default photos

Originally Posted by mayonaise
The guy was taking surreptitious pics at a banquet, probably from his seat. What do you expect? It is something that was on the table or podium in front of him.