Notices

I mite be getting a type R [**Merged**]

Old 05-24-2005, 08:27 AM
StreetShark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I mite be getting a type R

Guess what. I'v been lookin and lookin. I'v found a LS integra with a type R swap engine and tranny. It also has the dc2 jdm front end. Not for sure yet but 80% sure I'm going to get it. It a sweet deal. I'm excited. Hell it mite me a little to much car for me. LOL but all manage.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:32 AM
carta79
Life after death

Guess what! It's not a type R, I hate to piss on your parade. It's still an LS and always will be. This thread is worthless without pics.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

I would also make sure it was a real ITR engine and tranny.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:43 AM
StreetShark

Thanks I realize it not a type R but its pretty close. I will post pics if I buy it or If i don't get it. I really don't want to tip any one off on it. So in several weeks all put several pics up. Thanks for your comments. How do I check to see that its a type R engine and tranny. It say DOHC VTEC but that does'nt mean any thing.
Old 05-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

There's an engine code stamp on both the engine and the tranny. Get that and tell us what it says. Also, it's nowhere near "pretty close", as the chassis, brake system, subframe, body, suspension, interior, exhaust are all significantly different between Integras and ITRs.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

yeah like carta says still isn't a type r...just like mine will never be a type r. A frontend and engine swap doesn't make it even close to a type r. Theres still different sway bars, strutbars, no sun roof, no body molding, different interior and the list goes on... Whats the year, mileage and price your going to pay for this ls?
Old 05-24-2005, 09:17 AM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

Originally Posted by Epoch
There's an engine code stamp on both the engine and the tranny. Get that and tell us what it says. Also, it's nowhere near "pretty close", as the chassis, brake system, subframe, body, suspension, interior, exhaust are all significantly different between Integras and ITRs.
...in further detail....
As far as I know, there is the b18c1 and the b18c5 They are called the same thing, and there are two versions of each, the JDM and the USDM The JDM blocks only have B18C stamped on the blocks the USDM has b18c5 or b18c1 printed on them. I don't know how to tell the difference between the jdm c1 and c5, besides the obvious red valve cover. I don't think anyone selling it would say it was a c1 if it was actually a c5

hope this helps
Old 05-24-2005, 09:21 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread has a striking resemblance to the LS-R thread. h:

Serously man, as much as you wish and squint at the car, it's still an LS. There's a lot more to a TypeR than just the motor/tranny.

I have some OEM JDM ITR cam sprockets if you need them. Of couse, they are the same as all Bseries, but if you want to throw them on something just to have TypeR parts you're welcome to them. :chuckles:

Get real man.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:19 AM
StreetShark

Ok I get it. Its not a type R. It still nice thought. It has a suspension sysytem on it. It would be a fast LS thought and is unique in it own right. With the jdm dc2 front end it looks great. Well tahnks for the info. If I get it all post pics and stuff. If I don't I mite just post the ones I have of it. give me a couple weeks.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:20 AM
StreetShark

Well I can't afford the real Type R. So I will hve to settle for the fake One.