Notices

Thoughts and/or opinions on Magnaflow catback exhaust on a GS???

Old 05-21-2005, 04:08 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thoughts and/or opinions on Magnaflow catback exhaust on a GS???

I have access to getting a real good price on a Magnaflow cat-back. I was wondering if anyone has opinions stemming from personal experience or from hear-say about them.

What do they sound like? Are there any realistic good power gains? Durability?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:18 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Anybody?
Old 05-21-2005, 05:27 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

i knew someone who had a magna on a GS, he took it out in a week and bought a ws and stil uses it.

i am guessing he didnt like it, dont know the exact reasons. and also this is about a year and a half ago. Not sure if magna flow came out with different stuff.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would get either a Greddy or Apexi exhaust. I haven't heard much about the Magnaflow but they look to be of high quality construction.

You may have to worry about rust too, so Greddy's exhausts come fully stainless steel. It won't eliminate rusting but it will retard it better than Apexi's mild steel.

Personally, I would go with any Greddy exhaust since they have a great tone to them, they are high quality stainless steel throughout, and are decently priced. Just my $.02, though.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 AM
jamesmeister

i have a magnaflow exhaust on my car. I like it, i think it sounds alright. I didnt put it on the car so I really dont know a ton about it but it seems to be holding up okay. My only complaint would be that it gets REAALLLLLY loud when I start getting into VTEC which kind of bothers me. I'd rather not be making a lot of noise, I would kind of tend to try to be a little more subtle and not so conspicuous when i get into the throttle. I would say its a decent exhaust if you're not looking to be real quiet.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:35 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally Posted by jamesmeister
i have a magnaflow exhaust on my car. I like it, i think it sounds alright. I didnt put it on the car so I really dont know a ton about it but it seems to be holding up okay. My only complaint would be that it gets REAALLLLLY loud when I start getting into VTEC which kind of bothers me. I'd rather not be making a lot of noise, I would kind of tend to try to be a little more subtle and not so conspicuous when i get into the throttle. I would say its a decent exhaust if you're not looking to be real quiet.
I have a b18b1 so I dont have VTEC. But thanks for the insight.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:25 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

They Magnaflow setups are a little too loud for my taste. h:
But I'm an old fart with sensitive ears. :chuckles:

Since you have snow and salted roads to deal with in PA, I'd recommend any exhaust that uses stainless steel. All in all, the RS*R ExMag would be my choice.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-22-2005, 12:31 PM
shabacash
I'M SO JDM, I HAVE SARS

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Since you have snow and salted roads to deal with in PA, I'd recommend any exhaust that uses stainless steel. All in all, the RS*R ExMag would be my choice.
i agree. if anyone planing on buying an rsr exmag. shoot me a pm. cuz i am looking for one too.....
Old 05-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Originally Posted by jamesmeister
My only complaint would be that it gets REAALLLLLY loud when I start getting into VTEC which kind of bothers me
blasphemy! :eek3:

my brother had a magnaflow muffler and it sounded nice in vtec. below vtec it was a little raspy at 3-4k but a bigger resonator would have solved that.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:52 AM
jamesmeister

[QUOTE=:snoopy:]blasphemy! :eek3:

haha no no i like the sound, it sounds pretty good in vtec but i dont like cruising around town making a lot of noise and drawing attention to myself. I hate it when kiddies put loud-ass exhaust on their cars, which often arent even that fast. key word is SUBTLE here