Notices

brake check light

Old 05-20-2005, 11:04 AM
navcar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brake check light

hi all:
I am new to the DIY for car, but wanted to know and start doing more of my car work. I have a Acural LS 2001 with 44K. I have recently got the brake light on the Dashboard switched on and it never goes. I asked a mechanic and he said that the brake fluid may be less.

Can anyone suggest if this would be the cause. Took it to a dealer and he said he has to open up and check and the labor would be around $500 - 700.

If it is the brake fluid, how do I test if it is less and how to refill the same.

As mentioned I have never done this ever.

Thanks
NAV
Old 05-20-2005, 03:30 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It could also be that the wire connected to your e-brake has a bad connection or has worked its way off. Try wiggling it around on the connector to see if it goes off. That light is ground actuated. hih
Old 05-21-2005, 12:13 PM
carta79
Life after death

^ Yeah what he said.

I used to have that problem with the brake light coming on in cold weather.

Check your brake fluid level and add if necessary.

If it's neither the fluid level or parking brake cable.
The fluid reservoir filter could be the problem. The filter is not allowing the cap to vent properly, causing the fluid level to change.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:02 PM
honura
Seni

Come on guys!!!!!!!! He asked HOW TO DO the job. Ehh ok on the firewall directly infront of the driverside you will see either 1 or 2 tanks depending on what you have Auto or 5 speed. if it's auto you will only see one take. If 5 speed there is a small one and a big one. You will wanna look at the big one. Check the level. it will have a marker on it reading low and another high.. Go to your local gas station and ask the guy for DOT3 Fluid(brack Fluid) and just simply refill the tank. Hope this helps you.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
completed01.JPG (105.1 KB, 32 views)