Notices

Temperature Guage

Old 05-19-2005, 06:33 PM
SmilinT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature Guage

Hey folks, I just purchased an '87 Acura Integra DOHC..the temperature guage hovers at about half way to hot. Is that normal or should I have it checked? What could it be? Also, when I turn on the AC I do not get cool air..it is warm air..could it be the AC needs to be serviced or replaced. Need a few suggestions before I go to the mechanic and have him complete the work...
Old 05-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Takumi Fujiwara

The temperature gauge should sit around the middle between C & H. And your A/C... it may be leaking because it theoretically, it should not leak the R34 or freon... whatever your's uses. If you buy a self charge kit, you could try filling it and see if you can hear it leaking anywhere.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:57 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

yea your temp is ok.. just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesnt go up.. if it does, turn on ur heaters full blast, it cools the engine. when you start up your car it should point at "C" tho, since it isnt even warmed up.

as with the a/c, its broken and u need to get it fixed with a mechanic or somethin.
Old 05-20-2005, 10:55 AM
Tobra

Mine runs below the middle when warmed up, look at the radiator, if it is all plugged with bugs and stuff, that is no good. Also may need to flush cooling system. AC may just need charging, or something more expensive
Old 05-29-2005, 03:10 PM
SmilinT

Thanks everyone for the advice...I will get my AC looked at and make sure my radiator is clean....will let you all know how things go..