Notices

Struts/Spoiler Light

Old 05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
HmGDuD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Struts/Spoiler Light

I have a '96 Integra LS Coupe and badly need to replace all 4 struts. I called up Sears and the struts cost 72.74 each but the final price came out to be 578 dollars for them to do it. Is it relatively easy for me to replace the struts myself, or am I better off if some mechanic do it (I really don't feel like paying 578 dollars to Sears)?

Also, my spoiler LED light panel is dead. I looked at the price of the part at Acura's website and it came out to be 200 something dollars just for that simple LED panel (I'm sure it cost no more than 20 dollars to manufacture). Where can I buy one for a reasonable price?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

id rather just get some koni yellows for 600 bux and install it myself... :P with that kinda money u can get better shocks for cheaper and it shouldnt b too hard to install from what ive heard (some good choices would be tokico, kyb, or koni). there are guides on installing shocks just search. The led light... did u check ebay? they might have somehting. if not why dont you check out a junkyard.
Old 05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
mdaman

you can just buy a replica spoiler with an led light for like $70 shipped (ebay) if you really want the light that bad. Also check all of your grounds and connections.
Old 05-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Here is a basic rundown of the process involved with changing out your struts.

http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/c...r/coilover.php

Keep in mind that they are installing coilovers but it gives you a good idea of what needs to be removed to get the strut assembly out. If you have the tools, you might as well save yourself over $200 and do it yourself with better struts than the ones they would give you.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:35 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

yeah i'd replace your struts yourself but if your rear struts haven't been off yet you might run into some problems because the bolt usually seizes inside the bushings in the rears.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Struts can be in involved process, but as long as you follow the instrucitons step by step, it's not that bad. The worst parts are dealing with the lower LCA bolts and compressing the springs, but beyond that, it's easy.