Notices

possible clutch problem?

Old 05-19-2005, 02:59 PM
danteisme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default possible clutch problem?

ive been keepin an eye on a possible clutch problem in my car, it started over the winter. first off, my clutch is an exedy stage 1 with about 27K on it. the problem is my pedal has lost a lot of the pressure in it, and the clutch releases out waay up high now. BUT, the clutch still holds very strong and doesnt slip at all. over the winter i noticed the pressure started to dip down so i decided once it got warmer i would flush out the clutch fluid and see what happend next. so i flushed out the fluid(very black looking) and noticed a bit of difference. but still the pedal isnt keepin as much pressure as it used to and the pedal lets out at the last possible chance it can it seems like, but still no signs of clutch slipping or losing its ability to hold. this has been goin on now for roughly 5K miles. so whats my next thing to check or any other ideas for me?

lemme know if i left something important out as well.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:45 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Sounds like you've got problems with the hydraulic system.
Have you checked fluid levels?
Even if you're not leaking fluid, it's possible that the seals on the master or slave cylinder are beginning to die. If the piston can't compress the hydraulic fluid fully, the end result can be a mushy pedal.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:44 PM
danteisme

i just flushed it about a month ago and the fluid levels have been the same since...im really stumped