Notices

car hesitates or lurches while moving.

Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 AM
okiedokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car hesitates or lurches while moving.

I have an 88 Acura Integra. I put in a rebuilt motor in Nov of 04. Last week I had the front seals and the head gasket redone. I also have a problem with the idle bouncing around (probably my EACV). My latest problem is this.

After the gasket and seals were done the car would hesitate or slightly lurch while I was driving it. I do normal highway driving at around 70MPH and the motor would be humming along, hesitate for a moment and keep running. Sometimes it would happen severl times a minute, sometimes it would be several minutes between instances. The motor doesn't make an audible cough. My mechanic had said that my plug wires were cross-firing so I changed those, but no luck. I also changed my plugs. Then my distributor failed & I have a new one of those and it still does it.

Any suggestions or theories?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Singhg83
BALLIN'

just curious, but does it do this while your idling, hesitates at a stop?
could be few things, injectors, etc . ..

i had the same type of problem about a year ago, found out it was my o2 sensor, completly destroyed by water damage, flooding crap.

hope this helps
Old 05-20-2005, 06:02 AM
okiedokie

Hesitates only when I'm driving and usually around 70 MPH. I checked with my mechanic & he suggested changing the fuel filter. I'll try that