Notices

Laying it on the line I need help fellow teggie owners

Old 05-17-2005, 07:41 PM
StreetShark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Laying it on the line I need help fellow teggie owners

Ok here the deal I got a lot of pressure for having a AT. So I did a lot of re-search on the AT to manual convert. Called some salvage yards. Called a couple people I know and got the conversion down to 1500. Here the tricky part I said I had it done because I was tired of being jerk around. I apologize for mis-leading all of you. I know some of you think my question are pointless. I've just wanted to obtain as much info as possible. And I have learned a lot just from reading and interacting in this forum. I will make around 6k this summer with around 2k in misc. Hardly any living exspence. I'm trying to sale my LS, but am having a hard time. Do you all think its worth going with the convert well also throwing in the gs-r tranny. Or should I just keep trying to sale my car. Thanks All understand if any of you are pissed off
Old 05-17-2005, 08:13 PM
coltank

If you've got an LS with an AT you should just sell it. It's not worth the trouble of trying to make so many changes
Old 05-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Eclypz

i think you're better off selling the auto and picking up a manual.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:20 PM
FooD2000
Still Water

yea, I know it's hard to give up your car but it really is worth it to just buy a manual. Sell it and get a new teg, You will be happy with this decision instead of abominating your car currently.
Old 05-17-2005, 08:24 PM
EviLLLLSiNz
n00b

Originally Posted by coltank
If you've got an LS with an AT you should just sell it. It's not worth the trouble of trying to make so many changes
i fourth that motion.

mayb you can get a gsr after you sell your ls... even better
Old 05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Like I said all those weeks ago..if you convert your AT integra to MT, your resale value will dramatically decline.

Sell your 2000 LS automatic, buy an 94-97 Integra GSR.
If you shop carefully and sell wisely, you'll at least come out even.
You may even have money left over.

And in future, please don't give us the run-around.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Integral
Nightmare Motorsports

Yeah, don't give people advice about doing something you know nothing about.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:59 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by coltank
Old 05-18-2005, 05:18 AM
honura
Seni

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Like I said all those weeks ago..if you convert your AT integra to MT, your resale value will dramatically decline.

Sell your 2000 LS automatic, buy an 94-97 Integra GSR.
If you shop carefully and sell wisely, you'll at least come out even.
You may even have money left over.

And in future, please don't give us the run-around.

See I don't understand this. My car was an auto and The car was worth shit!!!!!!! Now my Baby is 5 speed. (did all the work myself) and now the shit is worth 100% more $$$ then when I started. Fact not opinion. More people now have offered me more for the car. And it's also more enjoyable.

Don't listen to these people. Get the conv done. It's worth every penny. Have it done with the HAS port Tranny mount and you will never have a problem. Most people who tell you to buy another car are just lazy or broke and feel they must shut your dreams at your expense. Enjoy your car. Why sell something you know from top to bottom to just jump into another car blind? Think about it? You know what problems your car has now. Why sell it to buy another car you know nothing about. Plus Auto motors are stronger cause they take less of a beating. Goodluck.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:34 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by honura
See I don't understand this. My car was an auto and The car was worth shit!!!!!!! Now my Baby is 5 speed. (did all the work myself) and1) now the shit is worth 100% more $$$ then when I started. Fact not opinion. 2) More people now have offered me more for the car. And it's also more enjoyable.

3) Don't listen to these people. Get the conv done. It's worth every penny. Have it done with the HAS port Tranny mount and you will never have a problem. 4) Most people who tell you to buy another car are just lazy or broke and feel they must shut your dreams at your expense. Enjoy your car. Why sell something you know from top to bottom to just jump into another car blind? Think about it? You know what problems your car has now. Why sell it to buy another car you know nothing about. 5) Plus Auto motors are stronger cause they take less of a beating. Goodluck.
:a: Here we go...

1) Your can't prove that claim until you've sold the car and have cash in your hand. Frankly, "offers" don't mean jack.

2) You did the work yourself, which I'll certainly give you respect for. If the OP has to post 5 indentical threads about B18B bolt-ons, I doubt he'll be turning the wrenches solo.

3) The OP has a 2000 LS automatic.
For the 94941 zip code, Edmunds shows the True Market Value at ±$11K. When you can find manual DC4s just a few years olded for half of that, why not capitalize on the value of the car you have now?

If I had to choose between a 2000 LS converted from AT and a 2000 LS that came from the factory as a manual, I wouldn't look twice at the converted car. I'll bet you that a dealer wouldn't either.

4) Here's where things really start to derail.
How the hell can you claim we're broke and lazy [!]just because we don't advocate a conversion on a 5-year old Integra? That's the most absurd logic I've heard in quite a while. It's also pretty damn arrogant.

5) Two words: Neutral drop.
An automatic transmission doesn't make it impossible to abuse an engine.

I've got finals to prep for.
If you want to flog this dead horse further, I'm game. :chuckles:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!