Notices

shocks on 92 prelude

Old 05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
TopSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shocks on 92 prelude

how hard to install coilovers and shocks on 92 prelude?
Old 05-11-2005, 02:26 PM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Easy, I did it ALONE in 5 hrs... wears ya out tho....

And then I got smart: paid someone else to do it when I upgraded to coilovers, which was even easier.
They installed them, set ride height (suspension travel), rake (front height = rear height) , corner balanced the car, set my alignment to my specs for under $500.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:27 PM
TopSpeed

cool thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 02:31 PM
posite

Actually its farely simple and straight forward. Here is a pretty good write up on how to do it and don't worry the 4th gen and 5th gen procedures are pretty much identical and where they are not the write up will point that out. My advice to you if its your first time is to make sure you have plenty of daylight left before you begin because as simple as this job is, your first time you will run into a lot of problems (if your anything like me). If you have any questions feel free to ask. With the right tools and knowledge this will take you 3-4 hours for your first time where as someone with experience doing this could easily pull it off in 2 or less.

Shock removal/Spring install write up.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:53 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

I have a question. I recently installed a Tokico suspension kit on my 4th gen, it was supposed to drop the carabout 1.5 in. Anyways, it didn't lower it any. The car still handles great, but i was looking to be sittin a little lower too. Anyone got any ideas as of why the car didn't lower at all?
Old 05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
posite

In your case the springs haven't settled in yet from what it sounds like and this can take anywhere between a few weeks and a month or two depending on how many miles you put on it. Also if you happened to put the front springs on the rear and vice versa but you would have probably noticed that by now. Im guessing you did the toxico blue package?
Old 05-12-2005, 01:26 PM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Yeah, it was the blue package. I thought that the springs would settle but haven't, much less the inch and a half. And of course, I have the springs in the right locations.... that is way I am stumped. It's been well over a month and over 1000 mi.