Notices

Headlight Problem

Old 05-04-2005, 09:06 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight Problem

I painted my headlight housings black on Sat and as you know you gotta take em out and blah blah blah. So everything went right, so far no condensation (knock on wood) but tonight I drove my car at night for the first time and it seems like the light beam of the passanger headlight is down and toward the driver side. I did not touch the reflectors. Anyone else have this problem? I was just wondering if this is a fitment issue? do I have to adjust the housings via the screws in the back? Ohh I also slaped on some CF eyelids. Everything seems to fit good and I would like some possible causes before I start taking everything apart this weekend.

Thanks
Mike
Old 05-05-2005, 01:38 PM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Double Ewe Tee Eff mate? You painted 5g housings black? How did you accomplish this? The oven 'method'? Explain what you meant by "as you know you gotta take em out and blah blah blah" After reinstalling them did you go park 25' away from a wall on level ground and readjust the beam pattern? (Via the reflector screws)

I ain't Chloe, don't chya know? and this ain't the Physchic Friends network...so give us some clear info, and we'll help ya out, EH?!!!
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 PM
Mkazm83
Snapping bolts

Originally Posted by mtbprelude
Double Ewe Tee Eff mate? You painted 5g housings black? How did you accomplish this? The oven 'method'? Explain what you meant by "as you know you gotta take em out and blah blah blah" After reinstalling them did you go park 25' away from a wall on level ground and readjust the beam pattern? (Via the reflector screws)

I ain't Chloe, don't chya know? and this ain't the Physchic Friends network...so give us some clear info, and we'll help ya out, EH?!!!
Yes I did use the oven method. My explantion was for people that were familliar with doing this procedure. I did not park my car 25ft from a wall yet but I can see the difference in the light pattern.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:09 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Roight Roight, seeing as how I'm the only person who responded here (and in essentially the same vein as everyone else did on every other board you posted this question) why not go back and 'splain what you did...

Also did you verify that you got the headlights back together as tightly as they were originally?
Did you tighten all mounting hardware to mfg's specs?
Why did you not realign them after replacing them? Once you take the headlights off a car, you must re-align them:
Park 25 ft from a wall, take a tape measure and and stretch it relatively levelly from the top of your headlights to the wall. The center of your beam (brightest point) should be no higher than that, use the adjuster screws.
For side to side, move the car closer to the wall (~5 ft) and do the same adjuster screw dialling to get them to point reasonably straight ahead...