Notices

brakes question

Old 05-04-2005, 08:24 AM
spilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes question

i noticed that my brakes were acting funny at times. everything feels smooth, and no funny sounds (i put new rotors/pads a few weeks ago), but sometimes when i hit em rather hard and it catches on at the end (like if i had pressed the pedal even harder, when i didn't). it did that before i changed the brakes/rotors as well, so i know i wasn't the cause. does anyone know what that "catchy" feeling can be caused by? thank you.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:46 AM
Section8Blammo
Crazy Canoodler

Sounds kind of like the ABS acting like ABS brakes do. Nothing to worry about, IMO. If it gets worse or shows other symptoms, check with a mechanic. If you don't have ABS, I'm not sure what it'd be. There's only so many things to go wrong with the brakes on a car, you know? ABS brakes, when cold or when wet, have a tendency to act spaz-tastic like that though...
Old 05-04-2005, 09:05 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

i have a question as well

my brakes recently would make squeaky noises. They dont always do this. It only happens when i brake slowly. Could my brakes be going bad. Cuz i have noticed slightly slower stopping times. Otherwise i'd have to hit the brakes pretty hard.

my car's got about 72k miles
Old 05-04-2005, 09:15 AM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Check your brake pads. Most likely just worn down.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:53 AM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you bleed the brakes?
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 05-04-2005, 09:58 AM
dpkelly
1999 Civic Driver

Originally Posted by spilot
(like if i had pressed the pedal even harder, when i didn't)
What kind of english do you speak? I don't know what you mean by that statement.

Originally Posted by spilot
i noticed that my brakes were acting funny at times. everything feels smooth, and no funny sounds (i put new rotors/pads a few weeks ago), but sometimes when i hit em rather hard and it catches on at the end (like if i had pressed the pedal even harder, when i didn't). it did that before i changed the brakes/rotors as well, so i know i wasn't the cause. does anyone know what that "catchy" feeling can be caused by? thank you.
It could be that your brakes pads are getting stuck to the rotors. Are the rotors shiny (glazed)? You need to hone them with sand paper. Use Syl-glide as lubricant for the sliders. Hope this helps. This only happens when you brake hard and you're almost stopped? Damn brake gremlins!
Old 05-05-2005, 04:32 AM
bxsnypa
STOCK EJ8 noob

Originally Posted by Max Windu
Did you bleed the brakes?

i dont know much about this so when u say bleed the brakes im like :dunno:

but i am going to check the pads, but for the past two days tho i havent heard any noises. better to be safe than sorry.