Notices

RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster

Old 05-04-2005, 03:49 AM
XzzYzzX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RETURN TO FACTORY CLUSTER HELP.... GSR cluster ----> stock 96-00 ek cluster

a buddy of mine bought an ek about a year ago and it had a gsr cluster and it never quite had that factory look so he is changing it to jdm ctr cluster... if the gsr cluster had been put in the way we all are used to the install, it would have went smooth and repinning would have been the only problem ... it turns out that whoever installed the cluster didnt know how to repin the stock gauge cluster harness to accept the gsr cluster so they just changed out the entire stock civic dash harness for the entire gsr dash harness! i know this isnt unheard of but it is an extremely ass backwards way of doing a simple project... i need to replace this harness with the stock one but dont know the procedure to uninstall this harness....help me unfuck my car!

we have access to a complete civic dash harness and thought that we only needed the piece of the harness from the fuse box to the cluster and climate control etc. ....so when we ripped out that peice thinking that was the only gsr component turns out that the only one civic plug fits the fuse box and the other 2 plugs that are suppose to plug in their are too small! thus telling me that the actual fuse box is part of a gsr also...so how far back do i have to trace this gsr harness till i can plug up the stock civic harness? does the complete harness have to be swapped out all the way to firewall entrance to the engine bay...

also if this harness is the gsr and since gsr has power windows (and so does my ek) and i return to stock civic harness than i wont have the use of my power windows? does that seem correct? if i use the civic si harness will my windows work again? can i wire up an alternate way?

is it possible to repin the gsr harness i have now to accept the ctr cluster? i have tried with all the diagrams but does not work maybe im doing wrong?

anyone please ! TIA
Old 05-04-2005, 05:22 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is what I used in my EG and it worked perfectly: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1053318

I'd just repin the cluster instead of trying to rewire the whole freakin' car.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:01 AM
XzzYzzX

Wouldn't i have to find a write-up on wireing a ctr cluster to a gsr harness??
Old 05-04-2005, 06:52 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

just reverse the repinning from integra back to a civic. doesnt necessary have to be ctr. there is alot info repinning ek to dc, so doin the reverse isnt so hard. just search in teh archives or that link westcoaststyle put up.

Originally Posted by XzzYzzX
Wouldn't i have to find a write-up on wireing a ctr cluster to a gsr harness??
Old 05-04-2005, 06:54 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Outxider
just reverse the repinning from integra back to a civic. doesnt necessary have to be ctr. there is alot info repinning ek to dc, so doin the reverse isnt so hard. just search in teh archives or that link westcoaststyle put up.
Exactly. Go backwards from what I posted and it will put you back to the EK pinning and that will be plug-and-play for the CTR cluster.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:06 AM
XzzYzzX

Thanks guys, i will try that when i get home from school....