Notices

Top radiator hose misshaps.

Old 05-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top radiator hose misshaps.

Ok, well. I made a mistake and bought a 99 SI top radiator hose at autozone. Didn't fit. So I go back and get a 94 del sol hose. The guy asked if it was a Del Sol S. I said iunno, it has a dohc b in it. So he gives it to me. I bring it home. It's exactly the same as the 99si hose. So uh. Should I just get a 98 integra top hose? I took a wild guess and told the guy I needed an integra bottom hose and it fit. Right now, I have the bottom b16 hose cut to fit the top inlets of the radiator and block. It looks kinda shady and I really would like to change it before I fill'er up and crank the engine over tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:41 PM
thomas
pew pew pew

Originally Posted by Omniscient
Ok, well. I made a mistake and bought a 99 SI top radiator hose at autozone. Didn't fit. So I go back and get a 94 del sol hose. The guy asked if it was a Del Sol S. I said iunno, it has a dohc b in it. So he gives it to me. I bring it home. It's exactly the same as the 99si hose. So uh. Should I just get a 98 integra top hose? I took a wild guess and told the guy I needed an integra bottom hose and it fit. Right now, I have the bottom b16 hose cut to fit the top inlets of the radiator and block. It looks kinda shady and I really would like to change it before I fill'er up and crank the engine over tomorrow.
dude as long as i doesnt touch anything really hot like exhaust you will be fine
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Try a '95 Integra GS-R hose? I just used the OE hoses with my swap ('95 B18C1 into a '92 CX hatch) and the GS-R stuff fit just fine. The diameter of the hose is slightly larger so you need to use a worm clamp (typical radiator clamp, not the OE pin ones) to tighten it on the Civic radiator spout. Retighten it about every 2 weeks for a while as they tend to loosen when forced to do that.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:24 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Alright it's not touching anything. I'll take a pic tomorrow when it's light out. Get a few opinons on that. Atleast if there is a leak, I'll know where it is.