Notices

Coolent Resivor empty

Old 04-30-2005, 12:47 AM
SmartySarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolent Resivor empty

-I swaped a JDM h22a w/LSD tranny into my eg cx hatch, I replaced the radiator with a new koyo radiator for an Integra GSR.

-I will fill my resivor with coolent to the max line and in a day or two there --will be no coolent left in the resivor..........BUT

-The car never overheats, tempeture gage doesnt bobble at all after engine is warmed up.

-I have no signs of coolent leaking or stians on cement underneath my car.

-Where does the coolent go?? how come it doesnt over heat???? and how do i fix this so i dont put coolent in mutliply times a week????

-Has anyone had simular problems???????

YOUR INPUT IS GREATLY APPRCIATED

BTW I know i cant spell............ i was that kid in elementry that got all A's except for the C- in spellin
Old 04-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Outxider
X-Motoring

well first off ur resevior is a aux for ur radiator. if u fill it up and its gone, that means u dont have enough coolant in ur system, thus it keeps taking it from there. fill ur radiator and not ur reservior.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:47 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Fill the radiator and let it bleed with the cap off and the car running. Allow the radiator fan to cycle a couple times, this takes about 20 minutes. Sticking a used CV boot into the radiator fill port keeps the job nice and clean.

When you're done, top up the overflow.

Wait and see if the problem returns.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:15 PM
SmartySarty

Thanx I'll try that
Old 05-02-2005, 06:24 PM
oscar_425
Got V-TEC??

maybe theres an internal leak somewhere and the coolant is mixing with your oil... thats some serious problem, the coolant will evaporate..... it happened to my friend's civic...
Old 05-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Poorboyz

Maybe it's leaking inside your car onto the passenger side carpet like mine did. I couldn't find the leak anywhere, it wasn't leaking onto the ground. I figured it out when my buddy sat in the pass seat and put his feet on the floorboard. It was soaked.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:54 PM
FATHONDA

buy a new radiator cap :")
Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
chimchim
WRX cuz Honda won't wagon

Originally Posted by Kai
Fill the radiator and let it bleed with the cap off and the car running. Allow the radiator fan to cycle a couple times, this takes about 20 minutes. Sticking a used CV boot into the radiator fill port keeps the job nice and clean.

When you're done, top up the overflow.

Wait and see if the problem returns.
Yeah, do this first.

Then, if you still have the same symptoms, you might have the problem I had: leaky side tank. I had to replace the entire radiator and the problem went away.

You can also try those aluminum shavings (radiator leak fix). This will either fix the problem, or make it so bad that you know where the problem is and you'll need to replace it.