Notices

7th gen tweeters

Old 04-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7th gen tweeters

Does anybody know where I can get the tweeters in the panel that cover the screws for the side mirror? Also, can I just tap the line from the door speakers, or do I have to run the wires all the way back to the hu? I've never worked with tweeters before, so this is all new to me.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:57 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

if they made them a factory option like they did with the 96-00's, then you can just go to the dealership and order the peices.

but you should make sure your tweeters are the same size

if they're not, you'd be better off cutting a hole in the door panel.

used properly, tweeters have a lowpass filter that has a pretty high cutoff, so they can be more dedicated for highs. Idealy, they should be wired to a crossover that devides the signal to the tweet and a woofer (or in some cases, multiple woofers). If you're using non-component front speakers, and just wiring the tweeter straight to them, they sell in-line cuttoffs that you can wire in between the source of the signal and the tweeter.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:09 PM
Bricks2k4civic

Thanks, but i actually don't have any tweeters yet, I am looking for the piece that comes with them.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:55 PM
19.3secS2K

go to the dealership. you can get the tweeters, too.

junkyards might have them if you have any newer civic in already.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
DamnUndrSteer

Originally Posted by Bricks2k4civic
Does anybody know where I can get the tweeters in the panel that cover the screws for the side mirror? Also, can I just tap the line from the door speakers, or do I have to run the wires all the way back to the hu? I've never worked with tweeters before, so this is all new to me.
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com
Old 04-27-2005, 12:23 PM
19.3secS2K

the OEM tweeters should have the cutoff already wired into them (again, this is the 96-00's, but I can't see the 01+ being any different)
Old 04-27-2005, 07:06 PM
lowbrow
12:00AM Atlanta time...

Even with a crossover network wired into them, for simplicities sake I'd run the wires straight into my stereo. Never knew who is going to be looking at your wire job later. But definetly check the specs of the tweeter, see if it was all the proper circuitry.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:28 PM
19.3secS2K

Originally Posted by lowbrow
Even with a crossover network wired into them, for simplicities sake I'd run the wires straight into my stereo. Never knew who is going to be looking at your wire job later. But definetly check the specs of the tweeter, see if it was all the proper circuitry.
is there even a wire in the harness for them?

when I pulled a set out of a 98 civic for my car, there was a two-wire harness in the door panel that disconnected when I pulled the wire. The crossover was within the harness, so that was no problem.

you'd need to study a car with them already installed to figure out how to do it properly. But I don't see any problem with splicing the wires that run to the 6.5's in the doors and wiring the tweets off them. its not as if they require alot of power.

personally, I say if you're gonna get components, get some good components. stock speakers are good until you turn them up.