Notices

Lights / Bulbs

Old 04-25-2005, 02:23 PM
bear66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lights / Bulbs

Can anyone guide me in the direction i want to be ?

I'm looking for bright low-beams, and really bright high-beams, with a blue tint. NOT CRAZY blue tint, not like "HEY LOOK AT ME COPPERS!" tint, but a tasteful blue.

I'd shop myself, but i'm unsure of the rating system:
9006 9007 10K 6006K h@0as85K 02499askLLL

??

Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Also, where can i get sidelamp bulbs? (blinker bulbs)?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 04-25-2005, 02:55 PM
mikemerc85
Git-R-Done

If i were you id go with the sylvania silverstars. They are not that expensive and they look nice and have that blue tint that u want. You can get them at a local walmart. Now i know some people dont like buying car parts at walmart but itll save u some money and i know alot of my friends have them and say theyre actually not bad at all. As for the rating, when u go there they have a lil computer that u type in the Make, Model and Year of your car. It will then show u what number is for the lowbeam and what the number is for the highbeam. Youll like them, trust. Neways good luck and dont forget to adjust them after installing them
Old 04-26-2005, 07:03 AM
2legit2quit
You Big Dummy

Buying bulbs at Wal-Mart isn't a bad idea, because when a bulb burns out you can put them back in the package and exchange them for a new set. If you really got the nerve, you can buy some silverstars, install them, and put your stock bulbs in the Silverstar package and get your money back. I've noticed people have done that at my local Wal-Mart.

Anywho, the Silverstars are nice bulbs, I recommend you get those.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:29 AM
mtbprelude
RIGHT Wheel Drive!!!!

Silverstars are not that great, and the "blue tint" is often irregular. Most people I know who have them, had one burn out within 6 months, I had my PIAAs from tirerack for over 2 yrs before 1 filament on the H4's died. The lights still work, only one side is a bit duller than the other. (I have the 'JDM' headlights) They maybe a bit more expensive initially but Tirerack also has a wide selection of matching bulbs for turn signals/backup lights and corner markers