Notices

can someone tells me what's wrong with my car??

Old 04-25-2005, 12:41 AM
jaypre

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can someone tells me what's wrong with my car??

i have a 98 honda prelude type sh.. just recently my car has been having prob. when the engine is cool.. it runs fine but when it gets warmed up.. sometimes when i get stuck in traffic.. my car won't go forward.. the rpm would rise when i step on the gas but the car doesn't want to move.. i told mechanics about the problem, they told me it was the symptoms of the clutch slipping. Since i haven't change my clutch for a couple of yrs. i had the clutch changed but the same problem still exist. Got it diagnose for tranny prob. but they told it wasn't the tranny at all.. He mentioned something about electrical prob. but couldn't pinpoint the exact prob.. can someone tell me what's wrong with it?

thanks jay
Old 04-25-2005, 07:46 AM
Bones45

ASssuming you know how do drive a stick...you need to give more details.

did you tell the person who did your clutch about the problem before he did it?

if the rpms rise and the car doesnt move or move forward..then its a tranny/clutch issue.

You need to give more info and make more sense b4 anyone is going to help you.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Homer2Nyce

I had the exact same problem. Got the clutch replaced just like you and still the problem happened. You might not believe it, but all I needed was a clutch pedal adjustment. Thats it. I couldnt believe it at first either.