Notices

Show tips

Old 08-28-2002, 02:44 PM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show tips

I need some show tips. Im going to do my first show this weekend and I need some advice. Any thing will help, even the most obvious. What are some Do's and Dont's that I need to keep in mind. Thanks y'all!
Old 08-28-2002, 06:57 PM
93accord

Clean everything, clean in the door jams, clean everything under the hood, armor-all everything when you get to the show, dont be a di*k to people, and dont be upset if you don't win.
Old 08-28-2002, 07:06 PM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

i never understood why people put white cotton in the wheel wells.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:09 AM
RKV

i dunno how TITE ur car is... but the small things can help u win, if your car is that sick. 1) remember, all them small things help u win at that highest level, like if some of your engine bay is all different colors, its time to get some color scheme going and change it ASAP. 2) its ALL ABOUT THE WHEELS, that make a car, clean them babies like none other, if u got nice really nice wheels, such as ADVAN or racing hart(can we bling bling $$$) they recommend non-acid based cleaners, i clean my with the regular water and car wash liquid i use, and honestly, it works amazing. if u got a scratch, even one little one, go sand it down, and get the motorcycle polish(i forgot which one, but its a special one that works amazing, made a HUGE curb scratch look like nothing), and get it rid of that crap. tire pressure check, all even, O and if u got lip on your wheels, make sure they stick out, havent u ever seen them new BMW 540's with sport package, M5 or M3s clean, lets all say "DAMN" 3) chipped hood or bumper or sideskirts? get it repainted, dont even let urself get one chip, unless u drive up there and u go behind some big rigger and ur F@uKED than 4) make sure paint looks fabulous on the car, detail it 5) of course, clean interior, vacuum, soap up inside seats, unless urs are custom and ur not suppose to LOL... upholstery keep dust-free and shinY... honestly, it might be nice, to do these things maybe more than once, sometimes things are better if they are maintained at a certain level, not just done once before the show 5) dont forget, let ur ride be lowered a little more during the show, not too slammed tho, slammed looks good on the street, but i never liked that look at car shows, just no wheels gap is good enuff, maybe a little tucked under the wheel well
6) no water spots on windows... 7) exhaust is SEXY CLEAN, polish it like to new 8) BTW, when u clean ur wheels, take it off, and clean it, seems crazy, but honestly, u wont miss a spot in the little hard to get places 9) clean that part of ur body thats inside ur car, u kno what i mean? where people sometimes like to step on it by accident, right where ur door meets the body at the bottom, damn its dirty there normally 10) any of ur friends got NOS? LOL, check to see what ur friends have V-AFC? things that would go with the style and lines of ur cars(exterior and interior).. dont just throw anything in there, like if u got a dark blue car, have u seen them ZEX kits? would look nice in it.. like dat... check around to see what ur friends would let u borrow if it would look HELL@ good in ur car and not theres :naughty:
Old 08-29-2002, 10:57 AM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

Thanks RKV..thats what I was looking for. Thats a lot to remember. I have to drive the car up to the show, so what kind of thing should I bring with me (wax, detailer, rags, lawn chair, water??) Let me know.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:30 AM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

should I wax it the night before? And then instant detail and get the dead bugs off when I get there? I have to drive about an hour to get to the show.
Old 08-29-2002, 11:55 AM
decibel_dj

Originally posted by aux
i never understood why people put white cotton in the wheel wells.
its to look like smoke when you do a burnout
also some people do it to protect the underbody and fenderwells
Old 08-29-2002, 12:06 PM
decibel_dj

my first show i went there with no paint job (just kit and trunk conversion) and no interior work i took 4th place in the under construction (no trophy though for 4th)

1- my rims were clean (took off all four the night b4 and cleaned each one font and back), while they are off clean brake pads, rotors anything that can be seen thru your rims
2-make sure anythig you showing is fixed (body kits, wings, hood, etc.) one little mistake is all you need to lose
3-music/lights make sure whateva you bring is something a crowd of people wouldnt mind listening to (no country music in a hip hop crowd) lights/strobes keep the color schemes matching your ride and have an extra battery.
4-be social to people cuz you will be asked the same questions 100's of times or get a board made so people can just read your mods if you dont want to answer it 100's of times

everything else was covered already... BTW its best to wax the car when you get there (just get there early) however wash it the night b4 and no eating in/near the car....
Old 09-10-2002, 07:11 AM
Rycechyk

Please don't do the cotton thing...